Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My daith piercing expierence! :))

Here's a waaay better pic, just to show how swollen it is!

I tilted my ear with my Daith a bit to show it better. This is a Comparison:

Wow, that really is swollen! I think ibuprofen should be able to help with the pain
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

It does look uber swollen, hopefully it'll go down over time for you! Does look very awesome though!
    4 x Lobes
    2 x MDs Lower Back
    Navel + Inverse Navel
    4 x Surface Hips
    3 x Left Inner Conch
    3x Left Outer Conch
    Right Rook
    2 x Right Conch
    Right Helix
    Septum
    Orchid Tattoo Ribs + Disney Tattoo Thigh

I like it! I want mine pierced, been thinking about it for awhile now! Hopefully the swelling goes down.
    6g lobes
    rook (right ear)
    conch (left ear)

So it's officially week 1! My ear 'pussed' (sorry for the weird word haha) a looot last night but only at the top of my Daith.
    These pics were before cleaning.

And this is after I cleaned my ear. Mmmm, freshly soaked ear

My ear was still aching like a mofo! So I went out and bought some ibuprofen and my ear already feels MUCH better!
    To everyone who wants their Daith pierced, MAKE SURE you have ibuprofen/Advil. Best $11 ever spent hahaha.
    Will keep this updated.

It looks great, I'm so jealous. Wish I was suited to a daith...
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Piercing Novice

Ouch - I must have been very lucky with mine. Tiny bit of swelling for the first 48 hours and virtually no crusting. Certainly not anything like yours.

Hope it settles down for you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Only.me View Post
    MAKE SURE you have ibuprofen/Advil. Best $11 ever spent hahaha.
    $11??!!! I hope you got like 300 of them for that! You can get about 40 ibuprofen here for around 1 ($1.60). *faints*

Btw the daith is lovely
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    $11??!!! I hope you got like 300 of them for that! You can get about 40 ibuprofen here for around 1 ($1.60). *faints*
    Heh indeedy, I think I pay about 30p for 16 ^^

Aww your poor ear :( My tragus was swollen for weeks after I had it done, people would chuckle at the difference in sizes between them, but yours is really impressive
    I'd be tempted to try some soaks with Ice to bring it down, for my recent piercing I wrapped some ice in kitchen roll and pressed it on gently, but idk if that would be possible with a daith. Hope it go's down soon!
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post

Btw the daith is lovely
    Holy shit! That's crazy! We get 72 for $11, what a rip off -_-
    and thanks guys! I'm practically living off of these ibuprofen's. I don't feel my ear AT ALL and it's perfect! I'll post a pic of my ear today in a hour or two, it's crusty and still swollen a lot but it doesn't hurt at all Also, I've noticed with the Daith that when you don't take Ibuprofen and your Daith is super swollen, that when you open up your jaw, it makes a 'popping' noise, and it's noticeable too! It's really weird and feels really uncomfortable. But when I take the ibuprofen (which I have been) it's not even the slightest bit uncomfortable! Weird eh?! :k
    Aye! I'm Cody!

Have:
    Tongue~14g. L&R ears stretched to half inch. Right Daith~16g. Right Vertical Industrial (Helix to inner conch)~14g. Left 0g inner conch punch. Left Double Inner Conch~14g. Left Central Flat~14g. L&R Second Lobes~14g.
    Tatts: 2 Hours in the chair~Doubles lines of quotes on both wrists.
    Had: Left Inner Conch, Custom Industrial. Right Forward Helix. Tongue Web. Smiley.

"The pain of the mind is worse than the pain of the body."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast