Thread: The Pet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    Your Dave is so cute

My Dave takes a less flattering picture...

hahahahahahhaha
    im loving this pic its great
    TORY

Piercings - retired - tounge, tregas, scafolding, nipple x 2, labret, lower part of belly button, 3 lobes in each ear, diath, facial md

Have - 14mm lobe, 3mm lobe, both conch 1.6mm - 2.4mm, both tregas 1.2mm, both diath1.2mm, helix 1.2mm, nose 1.2mm, belly button 1.6mm, tongue 1.6mm, 2x mds on belly

Want - conch punch, 1 x helix!

Tatts - many all over my body

Want - wrist cover up, matching wrist tatts

http://www.emi-clothing.co.uk/

Hey guys, I am a long time dog owner, I have always had dogs when I was younger and later in my life as an adult. Recently, I have decided to get a cat. What breed would you recommend as a first time cat owner? Any tips? Any info would be very appreciated! Thanks.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

^^I was like that Marriane, we've had dogs since I was born, yet I really wanted a kitten so we just decided to get one.Our is just a standard domestic breed, I think with any type of cat it will still be a learning curve.Tbh I don't know much about cat breeds except I absolutely love russian blues, and ragdoll cats, they're so beautiful.When we first got ours I really wasn't sure, even now I know I way prefer dogs, but I wouldn't give Tig up for anything, even though she's far from pefect sometimes!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Soph, I am the same, totally a dog person, always have been! I've had dogs my entire life. But now, I would like to have the experience of having a cat, especially seeing my toddler loves cats, whereas she doesn't like dogs so much hehe...This may change in the future, who knows but we are keeping the cat anyways. I was thinking of a Norwegian forest cat, it looks amazing, a lot of work groomwise but hey, all pets will be work one way or the other. My first thought was to go to the shelter nearby and get one from there - I got all my dogs from shelters back in my country, 6 of them all rescued - but it is a HORRIBLE experience for me, I can't stand picking out the one I find the nicest for me and then looking behind and all the rest just looking at me leaving, I just can't stand it happening again. So I am going to a breeder for my cat. I want a breed that likes attention and likes being petted, being picked up, sitting in my lap. (Dog owner, used to giving lots of attention hehe) I don't mind meowing but I prefer lazy cats, who like to just sit around all day and not be so active. Any info, greatly appreciated!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    My first thought was to go to the shelter nearby and get one from there - I got all my dogs from shelters back in my country, 6 of them all rescued - but it is a HORRIBLE experience for me, I can't stand picking out the one I find the nicest for me and then looking behind and all the rest just looking at me leaving, I just can't stand it happening again. So I am going to a breeder for my cat. I want a breed that likes attention and likes being petted, being picked up, sitting in my lap. (Dog owner, used to giving lots of attention hehe) Any info, greatly appreciated!
    Go to the rescue centre, tell the staff the kind of cat you're looking for. If it's a good centre they will know all the cat's personalities and should be able to match you up (so to speak). I don't think breed has much to do with personality, but that's just my opinion.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Kite (or Anne hehe): I can't go through the rescue centre experience again, I've done it 6 times already and for me, it's torture picking 1 pet and leaving hundreds behind. Maybe someone understands it, maybe not, either way, that's out of the question and not up for discussion for me. I am now looking for reputable breeders but I don't know what breed yet! And seeing that a lot of ppl here have cats, I was wondering maybe they'll know a bit more about it, since I'll be a first time cat owner!

Tumblr

Facebook

Not to sound horrible, but I agree with anne on this, and I think most people who have cats tend to get them from rescue centres or choose a standard breed, instead of going for to a breeder direct, but if that's your choice then fine.Personally I would've got mine from a shelter, if it weren't for having 3 dogs already, as most are reluctant to let them go to homes with dogs already, and one of mine is extremely grumpy!Personally I don't know of any breeds that are like that, as it's more down to the animal than the breed-for example, I have two pekingese-they're meant to require little excercise;one of them literally shows you how annoyed she is if you don't take her out, she loves walks.Hence, it's down to the animal's individual personality.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Ah I see, oki then I guess I'll do some more research and see what I find. Thanks!

Tumblr

Facebook

My cat has dietary problems.
    Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway

Scarred_pierced

I really miss having pets or living with animals...I squeed like mad when I saw two cats sunbathing in the garden today, I went out and stroked them even though one of them apparently has fleas :S
    Then i squeed like mad again on my way to uni seeing a whole field full of rabbits....I'm having animal withdrawals!

Laura your cat is cute as hell!!!!!