Thread: The Pet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    Toni, I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to Greg. I get white bumps surrounded by a red rash on my skin whenever I handle her. It's not from her quills. It's itchy and goes down if I apply something cold to the area but still itches for a while afterwards. Any advice?
    I don't have a clue :( I saw your post on the hog group earlier though, has there been anything helpful said over there?

Is this what you're seeing?
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dermatolo...bumps-only.htm
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Not really. They suggested that I might be having a reaction to something on her rather than her herself but I haven't changed anything.

Hmm, no it's not like that. The area gets red and then the bumps are white. Like individual bumps. I'm very confused by it and hope it doesn't get any worse!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Thats exactly what happens to me when i touch my cats! Im allergic to something in their spit. Happens instantly after i touch the one who cleans herself loads and gradually when i touch the other who spends less time grooming herself. Also happens when dogs lick me. Just have to wash my hands asap after touching them and not scratch it. I dont live with them so ive never looked into anything further. Do hedgehogs clean themselves?

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

they don't clean themselves but they do annoint. Basically working their saliva into a foam and spreading it over their quills. I think I remember you saying the rash isn't somewhere she touched you though?
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Yeah, the rash was on the top of my hand the first time I got it and I've had it a few times on my chest although those times I think she may have touched there. Honestly, unless she's doing it when she's in her cage alone, she doesn't anoint all that often. She seems to like doing that when I've given her a bath and she smells the detergent on the towel. I'm trying to find a picture on Google of the sort of rash it is but I can't seem to find anything.
    Sarah

Ooh, pets! I have a Great Dane, two Ragdoll cats, a Holland Lop bunny, a bearded dragon aaaand some fish. I'm adding an English Mastiff this late summer, very excited.

I'm just glad it wasn't one of my comics:

How can I be mad at this face, though...

Awww that is a very cute face!!
    Sarah

Getting our puppy tonight!! So excited..after much deliberation we are getting a German Shepherd female
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Oh my god that bunny! So friggen cute.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Did someone mention bunnies?!

Squee! He's adorable!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.