Thread: The Pet Thread

!!!
    Oh I'm glad Roxy's gone to a good owner. Maybe you can see her occaisionally. You must post progress updates on the pregnancy. How long is the gestation? Will you need to keep the pair seperate most of the time so they're not always breeding? Sorry about the questions, it's all so interesting!
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Female beardies, even without a male around, lay eggs; they're just not fertilised. They can be kept together, you just don't incubate the eggs. Need to remove them from the viv anyway though; there are plenty of examples of eggs that were laid in a hidden spot in the viv and people have woken up to a viv full of babies one day

We bought Morrissey a stocking. That wee thing sticking out is edible. He'll get that on Christmas day (if my brother remembers. We're going to Northern Ireland so Morrissey is spending Christmas with them.). It's full of puppy chocolate treats and turkey & cranberry flavoured bones. He gets one of each a day up until Christmas. So I suppose it's a stocking-come-advent calander
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I brought Tig(my kitteh) a christmas stocking yesterday-Mimi promptly stole it :P.
    I love having multiple animals, they constantly change who has what, it's like pass the parcel >.<. Super cute though, she was proper shaking this empty stocking around.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I don't have any pets since I moved out of the family home but I love going back and seeing the animals There's 4 chickens, 4 ducks (I love the baby photo of them with their tiny little wings!) and Pascal the cat:

Ooops, sorry, I swear those pics didn't look as big on my computer!! :O

Awww how adorable!
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Quote Originally Posted by poodlewash View Post
    I don't have any pets since I moved out of the family home but I love going back and seeing the animals There's 4 chickens, 4 ducks (I love the baby photo of them with their tiny little wings!) and Pascal the cat
    Awww I have three hens and three roosters. I love it when they flop on their bellies in the dirt!
    Have: Septum, 16g lobes R: anti-tragus, rook L: helix, daith, tragus, inner conch
    Stretching my lobes to 0g!
    Want: Nipples, R snug and vertical tragus
    Retired: L&R second and third lobes

Quote Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
    !!!
    Oh I'm glad Roxy's gone to a good owner. Maybe you can see her occaisionally. You must post progress updates on the pregnancy. How long is the gestation? Will you need to keep the pair seperate most of the time so they're not always breeding? Sorry about the questions, it's all so interesting!
    4-6 weeks after mating the eggs will be laid & then it takes around 2-3 months for them to hatch I'll be keeping the pair together all the time, so could end up with 5 clutches of eggs being laid annually. They've always been kept together so wouldn't wanna split them up & I'm more than happy to care for eggs/babies & find them suitable homes when the time comes Will defo post more pics etc as time goes by & also when eggs/babies are laid/hatched
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:
    Arms, Hands, Fingers, Thumbs, Neck Piercings: Lobe (10mm) x2, Nipple (L - horizontal BCR)
    Piercings: (Retired) Eyebrow x2, Helix x1, Lobe (1mm) x1 Future plans: Tattoos - Full bodysuit

facebook
    | deviantART
    "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past"

It might be an idea not to let every clutch hatch. Everywhere is overrun with beardies and a lot of the time, a lot of people have trouble finding them homes.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    It might be an idea not to let every clutch hatch. Everywhere is overrun with beardies and a lot of the time, a lot of people have trouble finding them homes.
    This 1st clutch will test the water for my area & I'll know after that if I'll have trouble selling future clutches.... Its not about the money though & if I was having trouble I'd let them go at a tenner each & they would be gone in no time I reckon

This is my 1st ever time breeding too (Female was already pregnant when I got her) so we'll see how things go, looking forward to the whole process though
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:
    Arms, Hands, Fingers, Thumbs, Neck Piercings: Lobe (10mm) x2, Nipple (L - horizontal BCR)
    Piercings: (Retired) Eyebrow x2, Helix x1, Lobe (1mm) x1 Future plans: Tattoos - Full bodysuit

facebook
    | deviantART
    "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past"