Thread: The Pet Thread

Scarred_pierced

Well he shouldnt have sand substrate as it can cause compaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_pierced View Post
    Well he shouldnt have sand substrate as it can cause compaction.
    Different people/care sheets will tell you different things, but I've seen numerous people having sand as a substrate for geckos. I've also learned to ask different people & research different sources as there is a lot of conflicting advice being given both online & by pet shop staff etc

A good forum I'm on is http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/ - full of everything you'll ever need to know about reptiles
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:
    Arms, Hands, Fingers, Thumbs, Neck Piercings: Lobe (10mm) x2, Nipple (L - horizontal BCR)
    Piercings: (Retired) Eyebrow x2, Helix x1, Lobe (1mm) x1 Future plans: Tattoos - Full bodysuit

facebook
    | deviantART
    "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past"

Scarred_pierced

yeah ive gone through most of that stuff when i was considering getting a gecko myself and i personally wouldnt risk it.
    its the gun debate all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_pierced View Post
    yeah ive gone through most of that stuff when i was considering getting a gecko myself and i personally wouldnt risk it.
    its the gun debate all over again.
    Exactly lol one person will say its fine & one will say its not :( Better just tryin it for yourself & seeing what works for you/your lizard
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:
    Arms, Hands, Fingers, Thumbs, Neck Piercings: Lobe (10mm) x2, Nipple (L - horizontal BCR)
    Piercings: (Retired) Eyebrow x2, Helix x1, Lobe (1mm) x1 Future plans: Tattoos - Full bodysuit

facebook
    | deviantART

all my mates use the calcium sand for there geckos and never had a problem x
    Current Piercings....

Left Nipple, Nose, Tounge, Tragus right ear, Conch Left ear, micro dermel back of neck, microdermel under eye, 5 x labret on bottom lip ,Septum, bridge, collar bone piercings and venoms on tongue.

Past Piercings ...

VCH, belly button, 3 Helix right ear, scaffold left ear, 3 sternum dermels. 2 dermel on neck, cheeks,

Wanted Piercings...

Rook, Daith and MD`s in a tattoo design on my leg

Tattos..

Paws on chest and dark angel on the whole of my back.

Scarred_pierced

again like piercing guns, just cos it worked for someone else doesnt mean it will work for you.
    Maybe I just research everything too much and I'd always rather be safe than sorry.

Some new ones of Roxy (She's a messy wee bitch as ya can see from the substrate in her water dish lol)

View My Video

Then I cleaned out her viv & put a bath in it for her (a litter tray with water in it :P)
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:

facebook
    | deviantART

Don't want to scare you but is the water heated at all? A friend of mine lost his monitor when for some reason it couldn't get out of it and caught hypothermia
    Equipped with: Apadravya & Ampallang(Magic Cross), P.A, Helix, Septum and Tongue
    No longer equipped: Both Nipples, Ear lobe and numerous Eyebrow piercings

Wishlist: Guiche, Frenum, Nipples, Labret and Ear Stretch

Tattoos: Left upper arm Oriental Sleeve, Right upper arm Tribal Arm Band and Tribal Sun, also Start of Tribal inspired Biotech design.

Wishlist: LOTS!

Facebook

Tumblr

The lady i got my cat from currently has a really cute ginger tabby oriental called Kevin who noone seems to want since he's nearly 10 months. Having to work really really hard not to cave in and get Reuben a brother. Thank god its a 12 hour drive and lots of money!!
    Current - lobes (lx2, rx2), rook, labret
    Future -
    forward helix,
    http://neverendingparade.tumblr.com/

So um.. we may have reserved a puppy. We're going to see them, pay our deposit and pick one on Monday.

They Chihuahua/Jack Russell crosses. We're getting a boy and have already picked his name :x he'll be our Christmas present to each other (:
    Hopefully more photos from the breeder tomorrow.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :