Thread: Bloody Bump on my nipple piercing?!?! HELP! (pics)

Unhappy Bloody Bump on my nipple piercing?!?! HELP! (pics)

Okay so I got my nipples pierced in July 2012 and for the first couple of weeks they were fine. Then one day a little bit of bleeding happened. It startled me, but it stopped soon after so I thought nothing of it. It starting happening from time to time, and I thought maybe it was because I wasn't doing SSS often enough (once instead of twice a day). So I started doing them more and that helped for a little while. When I went off to school, I started getting these bloody bumps on either side of the piercing. I don't think it's infected.. Maybe it's ripping because the bar might be too short? Someone pleaseeeee help me find a solution! This blood is ruining all my bras :( I love how the piercing looks otherwise, and hopefully I don't have to take them out. Pic:

tinypic(dot)com/r/ndvon6/6

sorry i'm new to the forum so i can't post pics.

dpack_1

I think the bar may be a little short. It's probably the perfect size for when they're fully healed but as they've been irritated on and off since you had them done they keep causing minor issues like this. Swap it out for something 1 or 2mm longer, give it 3-6 months more to settle and then go back to a snug fitting titanium bar.

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    I think the bar may be a little short. It's probably the perfect size for when they're fully healed but as they've been irritated on and off since you had them done they keep causing minor issues like this. Swap it out for something 1 or 2mm longer, give it 3-6 months more to settle and then go back to a snug fitting titanium bar.
    thanks so much i'm gonna try to get a longer one tomorrow! hopefully this works..