Thread: anti-tragus is in very big trouble, please help!!

Default anti-tragus is in very big trouble, please help!!

Hi everyone! this is my first thread whoooop

I got my anti-tragus pierced a little over 3 weeks ago, and for the past couple of weeks it's been swollen, pussy and sore. and for the past few days it's swollen so much that it feels like i have water in my ear, and the bottom of my tragus seems to be really hard. it also has a huge, sore and ugly lump on it. it doesn't seem like the normal cartilage lump, because the one on my tragus didn't hurt at all.

I've been cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide given to me by my piercer (who is very sterile, i've had piercings from him before and this is the first that's given me any trouble) multiple times a day, when it started to get bad I used some Savlon spray on it too, and for the past couple of days I've been soaking it in sea salt solution for a couple of days as well but to no prevail (yet).

Do you know if this is normal? or if i should do anything differently than to what i'm already doing?

someone help :(

I WAS going to attach photos. but i can't because my post count isn't high enough.. if anyone can tell me how i can, i will send pictures if it's required.

Thank you!!

Oh my, your poor ear! I can almost guarantee that it is majorly p*ssed off because of all the unnecessary stuff being put on it. At the most, you should be doing a sea salt soak once (maybe twice) a day. Or even try leaving it alone, just a quick rinse in the shower every day.

To post photos, just upload to a hosting site (such as tinypic) and miss off the http://
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

oh my god, really?! i feel bad for that :( thank you so much for letting me know! i think it's because it's the most painful piercing i've had so i wanted to be extra safe, i didn't think i would be the one hurting it and causing myself so much grief.

much appreciated!

Don't worry about it, we've all done things we shouldn't have when it comes to piercing care - Live and learn and all that! My first proper piercing was my eyebrow which, in the first few weeks, I treated horrendously - Against all odds I managed to keep it for 9 years! I reckon less is definitely more, the body is great at healing itself without any additional help.

If it does get worse (green/brown pus, bleeding, major swelling/pain, hot to touch, etc) it could be an infection (they are rare but it can happen) which will need antibiotics to clear up.

Good luck!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! the swelling has gotten really bad and the pain is almost unbearable now, can barely hear anything out of that war so I think I'm going to give out of hours surgery a call!! do you know which antibiotics I'll need, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by lincolnW View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! the swelling has gotten really bad and the pain is almost unbearable now, can barely hear anything out of that war so I think I'm going to give out of hours surgery a call!! do you know which antibiotics I'll need, by any chance?
    Only a GP can give you the right anti-biotics based on your problem and past medical history etc
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

yeah that makes enough sense. i put a chamomile tea bag on it this evening and took some antibiotics, hopefully it will look/feel a little better by tomorrow! thanks for all the help!

Hope it improves quickly for you
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Ouch!

If I were you, I'd just soak it in 0.9% normal saline solution. You may also want to take some ibuprofen for the pain and swelling.

As others have said, quit using the bleach and harsh chemicals. I think they use bleach in hospitals, but only on inanimate objects. Humans get saline solution for irrigation and antibiotics when necessary.
    Right eyebrow pierced, 5 Jan 2013. Left nose and right lower lip pierced 2 Feb 2013.