Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emu oil?

Lightbulb Emu oil?

Hey, my piercer suggested I use emu oil to promote healing, I have not used it at all before and just wondered if anyone else has tried it and whether or not it is worth using (It is quite expensive)

dpack_1

It's not unheard of but whether or not it has a notable difference is really hard to measure. In theory a bottle of the stuff should last you for dozens of piercings but really you can just stick with salt water and you'll be fine for a lot less expense.

You can find it fairly cheap on ebay, hazel have me a link but i cant get that till im at home. I found it great to fix the dry soin aroujd a healimg peircing, but its quite oily and hard to work in. It also brought a bump back that had gone down, so id.personaply recommend not using it, sss or litha works better for me.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

I got a large bottle for a few quid it's not that expensive at all and can be used for a number of wounds, cuts etc. Look on eBay loads of sellers on there. I used it mainly for my stretched lobes but it can be used on healing piercings if you so wish but it's not essential.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah? Okay well in Australia it is about 14 dollars for 50ml so if no one really thinks its too worthwhile I won't worry .

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccaann View Post
    Yeah? Okay well in Australia it is about 14 dollars for 50ml so if no one really thinks its too worthwhile I won't worry .
    How strange considering that's where it comes from! You can get 60ml of it for about 4-5 (that's 6-7 aud).
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hahaha that's so unfair :P yeah, it was only in large chemists and one health store that I could see and all were similar prices.
    I will admit though it did seen to make some of the initial after peircing aches and irritations feel much better quite quickly after application, however interms of applying the product (massaging it in) it can seem to be a little counter productive, in the early days of a peircing? :/ and if it doesn't assist healing or anything for sure, theb just SSS are perfectly fine by me XD

Wowzah, got to love the typos when I use my phone on these forums D:

Here's the one I got; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1907144616...84.m1497.l2649
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccaann View Post
    Hahaha that's so unfair :P yeah, it was only in large chemists and one health store that I could see and all were similar prices.
    I will admit though it did seen to make some of the initial after peircing aches and irritations feel much better quite quickly after application, however interms of applying the product (massaging it in) it can seem to be a little counter productive, in the early days of a peircing? :/ and if it doesn't assist healing or anything for sure, theb just SSS are perfectly fine by me XD
    Yes you can use it in the early days, for some people they say it helps to heal faster/better but I don't think that's technically proven. You can even use it on oral piercings as it has no taste/smell etc

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    as it has no taste/smell etc
    Interesting appearance and texture though :|
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast