Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scalpelled Septum!

Default Scalpelled Septum!

I took a trip to Kalima today I was really nervous the whole way there but as soon as I sat down in Kalima my anxiety went away. The first thing Quentin did was get me a cup of tea, he went through all the risks etc, I have quite a small nose so he was worried it might not want to go to 6mm.

After I finished the tea we went into the room and he got me to lay on the bed thing, he took a long time deciding where he would do it. He marked it up with ink and a cocktail stick, I didn't think it was a good sign that just marking my septum with the cocktail stick hurt and made me eyes water There was another guy there, Quentin told him he was ready so he should get his gloves on and they discussed how he should hold my nose. He gave me some tissue because my eyes were about to water a lot and then he got in position and scalpelled my septum, it hurt a lot but I was expecting worse, it wasn't a nice feeling when he put the plug in.

The plug touches both my nostrils which worried Quentin a bit so he told me to put a keeper in after the swellings gone down in 2-3 weeks as they're shorter.

Quentin got me another cup of tea and gave me some after care advice plus he gave me some sea salt and q-tips.

Currently I can feel dried blood round the wound which hurts so i'll do a SSS in a bit.
    Last edited by ghostNate; 01-05-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Oooh how awesome and well done!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

So you were scalpeled to 6mm then? Or less? Very interesting, I didn't even know septums could be scalpeled... seems like a very tricky area to maneuver the instrument, especially when you're talking about an area as wide as 6mm. Sorry for the dumb question, was the cut entirely on your "sweet spot"? Because I wouldn't have expected the "sweet spot" to be so large. Sorry, I'm a total septum noob here

Very cool! Keep us updated and try to get some up-nostril pics when it's feeling less sore.

Edit: Oh, and is there any reason you picked scalpeling over just piercing it?
    Last edited by Sneferie; 01-05-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneferie View Post
    So you were scalpeled to 6mm then? Or less? Very interesting, I didn't even know septums could be scalpeled... seems like a very tricky area to maneuver the instrument, especially when you're talking about an area as wide as 6mm. Sorry for the dumb question, was the cut entirely on your "sweet spot"? Because I wouldn't have expected the "sweet spot" to be so large. Sorry, I'm a total septum noob here

Very cool! Keep us updated and try to get some up-nostril pics when it's feeling less sore.

Edit: Oh, and is there any reason you picked scalpeling over just piercing it?
    I had it scalpelled to 6mm from nothing. Quentin scalpelled through my sweet spot, because of my small nose he was worried 6mm would be to big for it but after feeling my septum he said it was stretchy enough.

I've had my septum pierced twice before, the first time it was wonky and the second time it really didn't want to heal so I was left with scar tissue and i've seen plenty of people on here moan about stretching their septum so I didn't think stretching mine would be much fun with the scar tissue. I was a member here before, I haven't just been a lurker but my old account was made with a different email and I can't remember the password so i've made another account, so you will have to wait till i've made a few more posts till I can post pics.

I hadn't even notice you'd made a new account;I just remembered you from before! Congrats on it, sounds like a great experience. Is that your goal size or are you thinking of going bigger in the future?
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I remember you Nate, it's good to have you back
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    I hadn't even notice you'd made a new account;I just remembered you from before! Congrats on it, sounds like a great experience. Is that your goal size or are you thinking of going bigger in the future?

I'm pretty sure it's my goal size but i'm not ruling anything out.

Awesome, yeah, stretching is also expensive since you have to buy multiple sets of jewelry for temporary sizes. Also, congrats on your bravery x)
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I remember you Nate, it's good to have you back
    Thanks!

Very neat. Kinda makes my eyes water thinking about it and I can't imagine being the one to try and maneuver a scalpel in such a right space but definitely cool.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast