Thread: Hafada

Default Hafada

Hi, I have a friend who is considering getting a Hafada. It will be his first piercing, so he needs to find a good piercer. He asked me what questions he ought to ask, so I thought I would ask you guys for your opinions. Obviously I have told him the basic stuff that relates to any piercing, (hygiene, initial jewellery materials etc) but I don't know anything about this specific piercing. What gauge is recommended and what initial jewellery? I have only ever seen them with rings in, but are they pierced with curved bars? TIA.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

Hi Stella,

I have there hafadas since Two years ago, and till now I had no problemas with them. Them healed Fast. I have curved bars , 12 gauge, but I have different balls sizes. I would like to do a ladder, perhaps with one or Two more. I like the weight and visual effect. Any more questions ?

Thanks for responding. Is there much initial swelling?
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:

Future piercings:

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

Just a little in the begining. You have to be carefull with the test drive at the first month.

Thanks, I have passed this info on, and he has definitely decided to go for it
    Current piercings:

Past piercings:

Future piercings:

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

hey im new to the forum and dont have any genital piercing but have given myself piercings plenty of times and for the most part know what im doing. i cant go to a shop and get a hafada, but is it that hard to do it yourself, i have researched all of the sanitation and sterilization methods and fully understand it, but am just a little curious as to how many of you have given yourself genital piercings?

Hi Stella, is your firend planning on a ladder? if so get it done in pairs cuts total healing time. I've been calling mine a Lorum but just found out its a hafada (Who knew) My first one was done with a ring a took ages to heal and only then it helped by changing the ring to a curved bar. I had 2 otheres since then both bars but retired one due to it being to close to the other, I'm streatch mine soon to 3mm then getting more done at a larger guage.
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Nothing.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA. Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by austinmfhub View Post
    hey im new to the forum and dont have any genital piercing but have given myself piercings plenty of times and for the most part know what im doing. i cant go to a shop and get a hafada, but is it that hard to do it yourself, i have researched all of the sanitation and sterilization methods and fully understand it, but am just a little curious as to how many of you have given yourself genital piercings?
    For the most part i assure you that you don't know what you're doing.

And why exactly can't you go to a shop?

For the record i've done all my own work but having been properly trained and working in a sterile environment made that possible.

Genitals are highly vascular areas where a lot can go wrong if you've never actually been shown or told what to do, they're at a very high risk of infection if proper sterile equipment isn't used and it'd be a pretty silly idea to ignore all that.

Hello, i myself have had 7 initial hafada piercings. But only 4 remain. They are nice, and heal fairly fast as long as you keep them clean

when would you start cleaning with saline soak for a hafada piercing? the same day? or leave it a couple of days? and just used cotton buds to gently wipe the are for the first few days?
    Last edited by gunt; 09-20-2014 at 10:24 AM.