Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly button help! I think its rejecting

Default Belly button help! I think its rejecting

So here's the deal, got my belly button pierced last sept. (2011), and didn't know how to take care of it. After much abuse from me, it rejected to the point I had to take it out in March of 2012. Well I found this site and learned from my mistakes, (bad metal, awful piercer, over cleaning), I got it repierced in July by a good piercer with a titanium barbell. I used the LITHA method, which seemed to work great. I had a few crusties the first or so, but after that nothing.

However its been moving outward, a lot. I can't tell if its just me or if it really is rejecting again.

Here's the picture I took right after having it done. For the record, it is straigh, for some reason this bar tilts like that, none of my other bars do.
    http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps98d90ccf.jpg

And now
    http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...s88b4a9df.jpeg

A lot more bar is visable now, if I poke at it at all, I can see about half the bar. It also seems to have joined up with the other hole from the first time I had it pierced.
    http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...s18904616.jpeg ]

What do you guys think? If it really is rejecting, is there anyway to save it?

ETA please excuse my fat belly haha.
    Future: Left rook, right indrustrial, and my lion king tattoo.

Last pic is too tiny to be able to see anything.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Yikes I didn't notice that. Try this one
    http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse2f5e54e.jpg
    Future: Left rook, right indrustrial, and my lion king tattoo.

Go to where it was pierced &get them to take a look. It will also help you not worry. Mine was done in July but my naval was too small for the normal banana bar. I have a curved barbel in there now. As it is healing a lot more of the bar is showing. I am getting it checked again soon for my own peace of mind! I am still cleaning it in the shower with salt water (in an eyebath cup) & then at night with some cotton tips
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

I've got to say it looks ok to me... I'm no expert but when mine rejected it was bloody well obvious something wasn't right. But Bimbielf is right, the piercer should put your mind at ease
    Hi I'm Sam

Metal; 1mm nostril
    1.2mm- 3x L lobes, 1x R lobe, 2x R helix, septum, faux rook, faux snug, outer conch
    1.6mm- L conch, tongue, navel
    14mm lobes
    Stomach dermal
    Mods; Breast enlargement, lip fillers, semi-permanent eyebrows
    Ink; 70 hours in total
    Retired: Lots 😣

Oh, and stop poking at it, that will only make any problems worse
    Hi I'm Sam

Metal; 1mm nostril
    1.2mm- 3x L lobes, 1x R lobe, 2x R helix, septum, faux rook, faux snug, outer conch
    1.6mm- L conch, tongue, navel
    14mm lobes
    Stomach dermal
    Mods; Breast enlargement, lip fillers, semi-permanent eyebrows
    Ink; 70 hours in total
    Retired: Lots 😣

hello, sorry im really new to this site! I THINK MINE IS REJECTING! i had mine pierced 8 days ago and im so worried about it, when i push the bar through the whole seems fleshy, not pussy but there is a pale ring around the bar, it is red and its so itchy! i think mine might of migrated down slightly! i soak it with sea salt 2-3 times a day, i havent yet started using the soap/gel the piercing place gave me but i might start it tomorrow, im so worried, it looks amazing from far away but up close im worried! please someone help me im so worried

Don't use the soap/gel! Stick to the sea salt soaks but make sure you're getting the ratio right - what ratio are you using?

Also no more than twice a day or you could be irritating it. A lot of people prefer to forget the soaks and just leave it alone and rinse it when you shower. For the first couple of weeks, a piercing can move about a bit just to get in a position that's comfortable for it, then it normally settles right down. What you're describing sounds like it's just new and irritated, probably because you keep playing with it and pushing the bar! Just leave it alone for a while and see how it settles. Eight days is still a really new piercing so don't panic if it's sore and itchy still. Mine took a good couple of weeks before the soreness went away.

If you're still worried, post a picture. Upload it to a file sharing site then just post the link without the http:// and people can get a better idea.
    Hi, I'm Kerry
    Facebook / Tumblr

Current:
    Left ear: L
    obe (5mm), rook, anti-tragus,
    Right ear: Lobe (12mm), tragus, forward helix, conch
    Septum

Right horizontal nipple

Navel
    Right nostril

Retired:
    Inverse Navel
    Left tragus

Sorry to say but it looks like it is rejecting, at least mine looked like that when it was rejecting.

My advice is get to a piercer ASAP. If it's likely to be rejecting don't bother trying to save it. I did that and now have a horrible scar and had to retire the piercing anyway.

Good luck!
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

Can't really tell if its rejecting from the last picture, but it's definitely not pierced straight, unless your piercer used a wrongly bent bar. I have around thirty navel bars and none hang strange or off to one side. Your bottom hole is off center and going to your right.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast