Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will a nose piercing leave a scar after it closes up?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Will a nose piercing leave a scar after it closes up?

So I'm 18 years old, and I want to get a stud in my nose. However, I want to be a doctor so once I start working I know I'll probably have to take the piercing out to look "professional." I'm worried that the piercing will leave a bump or scar when it closes though, so should I even bother getting it?

There may be a little indent left but I doubt anyone would notice it. I wear a nostril screw with a blue crystal 1.5mm end on it and it took someone I saw every week nearly a year to notice I'd had it done. People don't really scrutinise your face in the way you think they might.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

You may well be able to get away with a delicate nose piercing even if you do become a doctor, depending on where you're working. I took my nose piercing out when I was 16/17 (I think??) - 10 years later there is a tiny scar but, like Hazel said, I'm the only one that could notice is as people aren't really getting that close to your face! A clear retainer could always be an option?

I had my nose pierced twice, first time with a gun second time with a needle. I haven't got any mark or scar that you can see. Nothing.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    I had my nose pierced twice, first time with a gun second time with a needle. I haven't got any mark or scar that you can see. Nothing.
    And then theres me, who was pierced with a needle, took it out a month later, and re-pierced in a slightly different spot -- and even 4 months after taking a piercing out that I only had for one month, I can still see the scar where it was.

Everyones body is different... Where someone might scar, you may not, and vice versa etc
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    10g first + 14g second lobes, right helix,
    left daith, right conch, paired nostrils,
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    industrial, septum, rook,
    third lobe, outer conch.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    And then theres me, who was pierced with a needle, took it out a month later, and re-pierced in a slightly different spot -- and even 4 months after taking a piercing out that I only had for one month, I can still see the scar where it was.

Everyones body is different... Where someone might scar, you may not, and vice versa etc
    Yeah that I had my lip pierced and can still see the hole/fit something in it even after not wearing jewellery for years.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

A clear retainer could deffo be an option! I wear very small disc end nose screws in mine . . people rarely notice them. When I switch to retainers people think I've removed them! For the question you asked though, I've had my right side pierced twice-there's no mark from the previous piercing that I can noticeably see. However, someone I work with had hers done three times, it's been retired for 15 years+ and she has quite an obvious scar. However, all three times it was gunned, and that plays a big part in scarring.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Just my opinion, but if you're worried about the (possible) scarring that will be left after you retire a piercing, then there's no point getting it.

It's most of the reason I have no facial piercings and don't plan to get any - I know I scar easily and if I needed to remove them for my career or whatever reasons I'd always be tormented by the scars. Just not worth it.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Had mine done twice. Can't see the scar at all on one side. But the other. I can still feel a dint and see it. Nothing major it doesn't bother me.
    Blondie piercings
    6x lobes, 18mm stretch. Tongue. Side lip. Surface wrist. 4x hip dermal anchors. Inverse navel.
    Retired. Nostril 2x. Central lower lip.

Have you noticed when your told your not suited to a piercing it makes you want it even more!!??

You can use a clear retainer, but saying that I work in a hospital and there are a few female Doctors with there nose pierced and they have no problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast