Thread: Can i safely stretch from a 16g nipple piercing to a 14g without a professional?

Post Can i safely stretch from a 16g nipple piercing to a 14g without a professional?

My nipples have been pierced at a 16g for a little over 6 months, I know the standard is 14. I have a 14g bar with me and I was wondering if I could safely just shove it through? Also how bad is the pain of changing a bar, I've never taken mine out.

At six months, to my understanding, is not the time to be stretching for a nipple piercing.
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    10g first + 14g second lobes, right helix,
    left daith, right conch, paired nostrils,
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    industrial, septum, rook,
    third lobe, outer conch.

6 months is definitely too soon, especially if it's not even healed yet.
    I've had my left nipple pierced for about 2 and a half years and I'm still wary about stretching it up to match the other side (I got my nipples pierced years apart from each other and my newer one is a 14 where as the old one is a 16).
    I'm pretty sure the guide line for stretching anything is to wait until the piercing is healed then slap another 6 months on top of that. Granted, I stretched my lobe piercings within 3 months of having them pierced, but they get irritated less easily than nipple piercings and I now have trouble stretching which could maybe be due to that.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I'd give it another 6-12 months depending on how they're healing. Don't just shove another bar in especially if it's externally threaded as you'll rip open the fistula and cause yourself a fair bit of pain. Use a taper and internally threaded jewellery and stop if it's painful but the main thing is to wait, 6 months is way too early.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks alot. I figured it out the hard way, I got halfway and it felt like hell so I quit. Also, I dont understand what internally and externally threaded means, how do I tell?

Nevermind, googled it, easy enough to understand.

From BME wiki http://wiki.bme.com/index.php?title=Threading :

Threading

Barbells are attached to beads via threaded rods. How they attach can vary.

There are two main kinds of threading used in the body modification industry. The top drawing shows an internally threaded barbell, where the bead screws into the bar. The bottom drawing shows an externally threaded barbell, where the bar screws into the bead. A subtype of external threading is step-down threading, where the threaded portion is of a smaller gauge than the main stem of the barbell - this can help prevent the threads catching on the fistula during insertion.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

great info raven!