Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Why women don't want macho men"

Default "Why women don't want macho men"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle

It's a long article, but very interesting and I'm interested in hearing your guys' opinion.

Does a healthy environment devalue masculinity*?

(* masculinity = more testosterone --> better immunity and stronger features --> better rate of survival)

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it, so until I get it figured out I thought I'd throw it out there for you all!

Meh as with anything all it proves is those particular women prefer feminine guys and with emo and scene guys being the thing atm that's no real shock, I always have a beard, I'm a big guy with pretty masculine features and I do ok for myself so as usual I won't be letting this kind of stuff get to me nor will it have any effect on me.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

That's actually pretty interesting, I love things like that where you can actually see evolution still happening.

Totes still like me a macho macho man though *goes off singing*
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Damn Katie, look what you started :P.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Well I guess you don't need a muscular macho man to protect you from marauding invaders or wild animals anymore. If you are intelligent and have something to say I think women will always find you attractive. In my younger days I never had any difficulty meeting women and I was a slight small guy back then with long hair and earrings., and totally non conforming to the period look. Perhaps macho men think they can find women because of their size, but there's something called charm which women love and often macho man fail to turn it on.

Despite their findings on American women's preferences in general, I actually prefer the face on the right. The guy on the left reminds me of like a boring jock, while the guy on the right makes me think of a sensitive nerd. Sensitive nerds > macho men any day! It's stereotypical, but it's not like I have anything to go on but the photo. :P
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

I simply can't prefer either without knowing them. This is why I've never had crushes or anything on people I don't know.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

^ I agree. I mean, maybe if there was a drastic difference in their appearance I would have a preference but they look so similar I can't pick one.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I can't read the replies to this thread without having macho man in my head now!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I had to laugh at those two pictures it just looks like the guy on the left is the older brother of the guy on the right. I actually know a pair of borthers who look just like it though so maybe thats why i think that.
    The name's Emily but you can call me Kitty.
    I love piercings tattoos and crazy hair colours.

currently have: 3 studs in each ear (2000, 2006, 2008)1st hole on left ear stretched to 3.2mm, right nostril (2008) and right helix (2012)
    Considering auricle and rook, both left

tattoo - frank turner lyrics
    would like: 7 butterflies on right forearm, a Phoenix on my right side and knowledge is power on left thigh. (Yes I'm sad and they all have reasons)

live fast and die old

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast