Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Piercing Bump SUCCESS Stories

Default Piercing Bump SUCCESS Stories

I'd like to hear some positive, encouraging success stories on getting rid of any of your hypertrophic scars/bumps. There's always tons of stories on the issues with them, but never enough on all the success people have had!

How long did it take for yours to disappear? Did you ever feel like it would never go away? Briefly, what did you find worked best?

Most of mine went away after being fully healed, although emu oil certainly helped them along. I have a lot of cartilage piercings so sadly I've had to deal with a few!

My industrial bump stayed for years after it had healed. First I changed the balls (which were about 5mm) to smaller ones - about 3mm - and that helped a fair bit. Emu oil massages made it smaller over a few weeks but it never really went away until I changed it to a titanium bar. Then it disappeared overnight. Go figure haha! I think it was more the weight that the surgical steel was placing than anything else. I also downsized 2mm to a 32mm bar but I'm not sure if that made much of a difference.
    Current:
    left ear: 12mm lobe, 4x 1.2mm lobes, inner conch, tragus, industrial, forward helix
    right ear: 12mm lobe, 4x 1.2mm lobes, inner conch, rook, helix
    others: nostril, 2x nipples, VCH, 2x nape microdermals

retired: septum, navel

My helix had a bump back when I got it done years ago... I remember it lasting 4 or 5 months but I can't really remember what I did to get it to go away, I just remember it disappearing on its own. Currently I'm dealing with a nostril bump, but it appears to be shrinking the more I leave it alone and refrain from attempting to clean it in any way.

I've nearly always left mine alone and they go away.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I think the only bad bumps I've ever had were on my nostrils and they were really bad - like way bigger than the jewellery. As a last 'my leavers is really soon and I dont want to have these bumps then' resort I used Savlon Advanced Healing Gel on them at nights and they were totally away in a fortnight and have been fine since.

Cartilage bumps have only been minor so I've just LITHA'd them!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Had a bump on my nostril (when I had it), tea tree oil on a q-tip/cotton bud every day and wiped over the bump, gone within a week. Some say too harsh, works for me. Girlfriend had a massive bump on her tragus, did the same and went within a week or two.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I had a bump on my rook for pretty much the whole healing process, I just left it alone and my piercing's now a year old, fully-healed and bump-free
    Bits of me that have been stabbed
    8mm lobes
    2nd lobes
    left rook
    right helix & tragus
    right conch
    paired nostrils
    philtrum
    nape MD
    nipples

Tumblr
    /Facebook/Twitter

I had a bump on my nose from nosebones and changes when it shouldn't have been. Way back before I knew better. I tried the stuff I found on the internet, TTO, aspirin, and several other bad ideas. Finally I just gave up and kept it dry and it went away on its own.
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

I haven't had a bump for ages (knock on wood) but I've found they do a LOT better when I do absolutely nothing to them, especially no touching. I used to freak out and do SSS/chamomile compresses like crazy when I got them and then I just started doing nothing, and they went away much faster.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Catilage bumps I LITHA, cos i'm lazy and they just go away on their own. Otherwise nostril bumps I do chamomile compresses on (can't use tea tree unfortunately as I react quite badly to it!), and same occasionally for my cheeks. However, they're a bit special bump-wise.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast