Thread: Nostril Bump: LITHA or continue SSS and chamomile?

Default Nostril Bump: LITHA or continue SSS and chamomile?

I got my left nostril pierced 2.5 months ago and after about a month it developed a bump, of which I am sure is just hypertrophic scarring. I'm pretty certain the bump developed due to a number of irritations including: constantly rotating my stud because it always stuck out of my nose and an overdose of oil of oregano and tea tree oil (which I have stopped).
    I finally got the stud changed to a 20g L-shaped stud two weeks ago that has been MIRACULOUS. Doesn't stick out of my nose so I don't touch it anymore at all. All I have been doing is SSS and some chamomile compresses for about a week now.

The bump was really starting to do great, but I ended up snagging it really hard the other night (it was literally pulsating). In the morning, the bump was purple/red (frustratingly noticeable now). I'm assuming the hit made it bleed underneath.

Since the snag ordeal, it seems to be quite alright, actually seems a lot smaller than it has been. It's pretty hard to the touch and seems as though it could be plucked off, or will at least scab off at some point... It has peeled a lot.

My question now is, should I continue with the SSS and chamomile compresses or just let it be now? Maybe I should just stop cleaning it as often. I feel as though the initial healing/fistula is good, it just seems like the bump is just chillin there.

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated!
    Last edited by fl0werchild; 12-14-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Personal preference really, I personally would leave it alone.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

As above if you feel that you must do something, SSS or chamomile. I had a nostril bump too and mine responded well to heat. The biggest thing I found was to keep it dry. So I started using my hair dyer as a form of a dry compress, then throughout the day I would dab it with a clean napkin to make sure it didn't get oily. As long as you don't irritate it with jewelry changes, bad materials, harsh substances (like TTO), and the like the bump will eventually go away anyway.
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

Yeah I think I'll just clean it less often, maybe alternate between SSS and chamomile compresses occasionally. I also feel, like you said IzzyMeadows, that it does well when its kept dry. It gets all weird when it's wet too much.

I'm just gonna keep being patient, continue to refrain from poking and prying at it, and let it be for the most part. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks and perhaps I'll post some updates!

I find heat and wetness makes my piercings lymph more and does nothing for bumps. Hence why I just ignore them and they go away.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<