Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stretched ears - moistness

Default Stretched ears - moistness

Afternoon!

Stretched up to 6mm yesterday and it went absolutely fine. Went in easily, no swelling or soreness. No gunk build up as of yet (I get the smelly stuff between salt baths), and no stinging feelings. Was a bit sore first thing in the morning as I must've rolled onto my left ear - right ear was fine. Pain went away after a shower.

The piercing looks healthy - a very neat hole with no crustiness or redness etc. Did the process thoroughly starting at 1.6mm, moving up in 1mm in increments as we should do - not done any skipping.

This morning however, I loosened the plug and twisted it around to release any dry tissue etc and I had something new... My finger felt a little bit wet. There was no pus, blood or visible fluid. It was like it was just water!

Anyone know what it may have been? If I remember correctly, it was the same on both ears.

What material are you wearing/do you usually wear?

It might be lymph, you might have damaged it slightly. Did the fluid feel at all sticky?
    Twisting a plug out the day after a stretch is not generally a good idea.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

What material do ou have in? Could be a reaction to that causing 'wet ear' which isn't really anything to worry about as far as I know.
    how long have you been leaving between stretches?
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Cheers for the replies you two.

I am stretching with Acrylic and sitting in with surgical steel plugs. The fluid didn't feel sticky at all - just literally felt like water.

To clarify, I am not twisting the plug "out" - I meant to say I was spinning it around the loosen any tissue, as you are advised to do with any fresh piercing (or I certainly was!)

Between 5mm and 6mm I waited 4 weeks. Only went sized up because it felt comfortable with no pain etc.

Never twist a new piercing. That just rips the healing tissue apart.

Similarly I wouldn't twist a new stretch, the skin is kinda delicate for a while as it's under tension. You could tear it. Give them a few days to relax, then ease them out/around with oil and/or in the shower.

Keep an eye on them; if you start to develop redness or itching, maybe switch to glass or titanium. It's possible to develop an allergy to the nickel that's present in steel.
    That said, lobes can react in strange ways to different materials. My lobes get moist/gunky very quickly with steel and dry out with wood. Many people get "wet ear" with glass or some metals, which isn't terrible but isn't really desirable either.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Agree with the above and also wanted to say "Welcome!" because you're new
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you for the in depth explanation - appreciate that very much! And thanks for the welcome, redraven!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitho1990 View Post
    Between 5mm and 6mm I waited 4 weeks. Only went sized up because it felt comfortable with no pain etc.
    Ditto on what everyone else has said so far, but I also think you should have waited at least three months before stretching up; especially to give your lobe the chance to rest from its previous stretch.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullBabe View Post
    Ditto on what everyone else has said so far, but I also think you should have waited at least three months before stretching up; especially to give your lobe the chance to rest from its previous stretch.
    Why 3 months, out of interest?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Why 3 months, out of interest?
    I thought that was the standard time for waiting inbetween stretches. At the least anyway, unless your lobes aren't ready to stretch so you have to evaluate again.

I know with my 4mm-5mm stretch I had to give it a good seven months until my lobes were ready. Nearly the same for my last stretch too. I know others have to wait longer even.

i think it's every seven to eight weeks on the guide here.
    Last edited by RedBullBabe; 12-04-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast