Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nose piercings (nostril, NOT septum)

keeponsingin

Default Nose piercings (nostril, NOT septum)

I've been entertaining the idea of getting my nostril pierced, but I'm not sure about it. I would get a very small stud because I think they look super cute, and I've been told by many people it would look good.

I have a couple questions though:

1) I know, I know -- it's subjective...but pain? I have my lobes, helix, rook, tragus, conch and navel pierced. Rook hurt the most, conch hurt the least.
    2) Healing time?
    3) What about getting sick and blowing your nose?

And here are some pics of my nose:

The closest thing you're going to get to a straight answer on the pain question is here. Seems like most people's eyes water too so I'd expect that.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

1 - Hard pinch and ached for a day, that was it
    2 - Initial healing 3 months but can run into more like 6-9 for some
    3 - Just be more careful when blowing your nose etc

I think nostril piercings suit everyone tbh!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

1. It's a needle going through your nose. It will hurt to some degree. Your eyes may also water.
    2. At least 3 months until changing jewellery. Generally quite easy to heal, but people normally find them very easy to catch on things like towels especially.
    3. You just have to be more careful of it.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

keeponsingin

Quote Originally Posted by Sneferie View Post
    The closest thing you're going to get to a straight answer on the pain question is here. Seems like most people's eyes water too so I'd expect that.
    I totally forgot about the pain thread! Thanks for reminding me!

keeponsingin

I'm definitely leaning towards getting it. I spent about 5 minutes in the bathroom staring at my nose in the mirror haha.

And if I do get it, I think I want to get it before going home for break because then I can just tell my parents that I've had it for awhile lol. I know neither of them will like it, but they don't have to. I'm 22 and it's my own money, so whatever. It's also cheaper to get it done up by my school, but don't worry, the place I would go is very highly recommended, and have had people on another site (BAF) tell me that it's a great shop as well.

I'm going to think about it for about the next week or so, and then decide. I get paid on Friday too, so it makes sense to wait until I have more money in my account anyway...especially since it'll be soon.

Piercing Novice

Mine is still a little sore when I change the jewellery even after 18 months. It's playing up a bit again today as I managed to pull the stud out with my bedding last night. It was too cold to get up and find a mirror so I put it back by feel and being half asleep was a bit rough about it.

keeponsingin

Wow! 18 months?!? That's a long time!! I don't think any of my piercings took that long to heal...even pissy cartilage ones!! I mean, for example, even my 3 month old conch feels healed!!

keeponsingin

Another question: What gauge are nostril piercings usually? Is it 20g or 18g? Which would you suggest? And what's the best type of jewelry? (I know, not a ring, but I definitely don't want a ring right now anyway, so that's a non-issue).

Quote Originally Posted by keeponsingin View Post
    Another question: What gauge are nostril piercings usually? Is it 20g or 18g? Which would you suggest? And what's the best type of jewelry? (I know, not a ring, but I definitely don't want a ring right now anyway, so that's a non-issue).
    Either gauge is fine, go with what you like or what the piercer offers, mine only does them at 18g, a screw or micro labret is best for healing.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast