Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ear Taper Question.

Default Ear Taper Question.

I recently bought and received these tapers from Ebay and now i'm ready to start stretching my ears. My question is are these good for stretching. I've been doing alot of reading and such about how to do it and what to use and such but just not sure about these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350636123663...84.m1439.l2649

Have: Lobes x4, Tongue (7/9/03), Monroe (8/27/07), Tragus (7/17/10), Conch (11/4/11), Industrial/Scaffold (12/12/11)

Want: Rook, Anti-Tragus, Daith, More Tattoos, 4g Bottom Lobes, 6g 2nd Hole Lobes(Maybe)

I don't know much about resin stuff so I'll leave that to someone else. I don't think it's safe for a fresh stretch but I'm not 100% sure.
    If you're just starting stretching from a standard earring size, you might need to start with 1mm or 1.2mm, if you start with 1.6mm you are probably skipping a size. Also, don't wear tapers as jewelry. It's not the worst thing you can do at tiny sizes but it's best not to get in the habit; they get knocked easily and can put pressure on your lobes, causing a blowout. Get a pair of single-flare or no-flare plugs in glass, steel, or titanium in each size.
    This is a good kit to use if you don't want to spend a lot of money, but you will need to get the in-between sizes like 7mm and 9mm. And definitely read the "Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It" thread before you start.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

"Resin"? ... ? What sort of resin? What do they feel like, are they smooth or bendy or what?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

They are smooth and yes i'm looking into buying plugs before i start anything... Also is silicone plugs good to wear or no?

Edit: i can actually start @ 16g because i have shoved 16g labret into my ear about 3 months ago

Have: Lobes x4, Tongue (7/9/03), Monroe (8/27/07), Tragus (7/17/10), Conch (11/4/11), Industrial/Scaffold (12/12/11)

Want: Rook, Anti-Tragus, Daith, More Tattoos, 4g Bottom Lobes, 6g 2nd Hole Lobes(Maybe)

Well I don't pretend to know much about this stuff but as it's only going to be in your ears for a matter of seconds, ......

and no, silicone is NOT good to wear in a fresh stretch, neither is acrylic. Steel, titanium, glass, PTFE, niobium, solid bioplast, are all good.

VCH, 5mm tongue

Ok thanks i'll write that down about the plugs. But after they heal and things i can freely wear whatever doesn't irritate me. So i'll buy some starters from this site and wait on getting others

No need to write anything down, it's all in the stretching guide on this forum.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'd stay safe with medical steel just incase, better safe than sorry

Tapers are fine in acrylic or other materials as long as they're smooth and gradual, since they don't stay in the ear very long. Metal ones are usually smoother and shaped better but they're more expensive.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    Tapers are fine in acrylic or other materials as long as they're smooth and gradual, since they don't stay in the ear very long. Metal ones are usually smoother and shaped better but they're more expensive.
    +1

When I've used tapers, they've been acrylic because they're cheap and I refuse to pay more for something that passes through each ear once and is never used again :P call me stingy if you will lol.
    I prefer dead-stretching with round ended plugs though.

VCH, 5mm tongue

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast