Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Joining the Stretched Ear Club - 2g lobes

Default Joining the Stretched Ear Club - 2g lobes

for those who don't feel like reading the whole thread, restrospective notes:

- DO. NOT. PICK. No matter how fun it is to pick the crusties off
    - be careful about O-ring material; allergies to rubber/nitrile black O-rings are common
    - be careful healing with glass if you've never worn it before

I was debating whether I should do a diary. I've only been able to find one diary of larger-gauge lobe piercings on here. I'm not sure if anyone will really find this interesting, and hopefully the healing will be uneventful, but I'll share anyway

Due to an unforeseen issue with my car battery, I had to postpone my appointment with Born This Way Body Arts until closer to their closing time. I showed up, filled out the paperwork, picked out my jewelry (I already knew what wanted; simple, black colorfronts), and I waited in their very comfortable waiting area while he sterilized the jewelry. While I waited, I looked at their catalog of Maya Organics jewelry, which they stock because they're awesome.

When it was time to head in the room I noted that my ears were all hot and red, which has happened every time I've gone for a piercing... nerves I guess. Anyway, we started by marking the placement. His markings were fine on the first try, since my first lobe piercings were pretty centrally placed and made good reference points.

He showed me all the sterile equipment, but I didn't dare look at the 4g/5mm needle because I'd just get more freaked out. He had me lay on my side on the cushy table. I was kind of glad for this, because I was worried if I sat up I might jerk away reflexively. Breathe out, 123, the needle went through. I kind of groaned and hissed, but nothing as "expressive" as when I had my VCH done. x) I just kept repeating "ow, ow, ow" and lightly tapping my foot to distract myself. Then he told me he was just going to slip in the plug. I was worried this part would hurt, since it was a 1mm stretch on a fresh piercing, but the only feeling was one of relief. It already felt so much better once he had the glass in! Same thing happened with the other ear--owchy, and then relief when he put the 2g plug in.

I then sat up and admired his handiwork. I remarked they looked bigger than I expected for just a starting size, but that they looked GREAT!

He had told me that he put the O-rings on a bit tight, but that before I went to bed last night, I should slip them back a bit to allow for swelling. When I did this, they became irritated, so I soaked them in cold, clean water--which felt heavenly. I then blow dried them with the cool air setting, because he told me to do this whenever they got wet. Over the course of today, I've given them another cold water soak, a warm SSS, and a light rinse in the shower--again, blow-drying them afterwards. They've been a bit stingy and a bit swollen, but nothing too bad. Hopefully they won't take too much longer, if any longer, than standard lobe piercings to heal. Pics:

Last edited by Sneferie; 01-01-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

You live near Born this Way Arts? so jealous. They look great. Happy healing!
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

They look good! (I thought they were dark brown or red first though!). Hope the healing's smooth for you .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyMeadows View Post
    You live near Born this Way Arts? so jealous. They look great. Happy healing!
    Yeah, like 15 minutes away actually when I'm at school, lol. They're very nice, albeit on the pricey side ($27 for glass 2g colorfronts).

soph: yeah, the photos are kind of cruddy lol.

I've been waking up with the bottom half of each lobe feeling kind of swollen and sore. Sleeping is slightly annoying since the travel pillow is a must; if I even try to sleep flat on my back on my regular pillow, the pillow touches my lobes. I either have to lay with the back of my head over the hole of the travel pillow, or with my ear in the hole.

I need to get some calipers or something to determine how big the front of these are. I like the size of them and probably would want an ending size close to it, maybe a bit bigger. Mainly because of trying to get hired, I probably won't be able to go much bigger.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"

They look great and glad it went well for you. I'm 2g and the fronts of my colourfronts are just under 0g.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Sneferie View Post
    Yeah, like 15 minutes away actually when I'm at school, lol. They're very nice, albeit on the pricey side ($27 for glass 2g colorfronts).

soph: yeah, the photos are kind of cruddy lol.

I've been waking up with the bottom half of each lobe feeling kind of swollen and sore. Sleeping is slightly annoying since the travel pillow is a must; if I even try to sleep flat on my back on my regular pillow, the pillow touches my lobes. I either have to lay with the back of my head over the hole of the travel pillow, or with my ear in the hole.

I need to get some calipers or something to determine how big the front of these are. I like the size of them and probably would want an ending size close to it, maybe a bit bigger. Mainly because of trying to get hired, I probably won't be able to go much bigger.
    I measured my 2g colorfonts, and they're 9mm. Most fronts for 2g seem to be 8/9mm though .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Thanks! I'm so happy with them. I really want to be able to wear some of the more detailed organic plugs, which seem to mostly start in some variation of 00g. 9.5mm (where Omerica measures 00g) or 10mm might be a good place to stop.

Edit: The crusting has begun :o
    Last edited by Sneferie; 11-13-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Born this Way Arts is the only place I've ever seen doing a piercing I want. Is it possible for you to get the design you want on a 2g plug like how the colorfonts are larger than the gauge? (knows nothing about plugs)
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyMeadows View Post
    Born this Way Arts is the only place I've ever seen doing a piercing I want. Is it possible for you to get the design you want on a 2g plug like how the colorfonts are larger than the gauge? (knows nothing about plugs)
    What design are you wanting?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    What design are you wanting?
    It's considered an industrial project, but I'm not sure I have enough rim on top.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=erimwg&s=6
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos: