Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Joining the Stretched Ear Club - 2g lobes

7 weeks, 4 days old: Finally got some clear pics of the back of my ears, with the help of my dad and his camera. Not sure what to really make of them. >.<

I took out my plugs in the shower again today, rinsed them clean and gave my ears a brief rinse, put them back in, pulled my wet hair back to keep the moisture away from them, sprayed them with the Simple Care. They seem to like it because my ears didn't feel too wet today. Maybe they didn't like me letting them get super-crusty. The back of my left ear is a little scary though. With the plug out it sort of feels like a flap around the top of the hole.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

8 weeks, 4 days old: I dropped by BTW today to get a professional's opinion in person about my ears. Bryan wasn't in, but Jared, who's relatively new to the shop but not to piercing (is also an APP member), was. It was good to meet him.

First, he said that larger lobe piercings can take up to 5 months to heal depending on the person, so that made me feel a little better. I wasn't sure how close I should be to healed at this point. He asked me what size they were and when I said 2, he said "that's pretty big initially too," which made me think the fact that they're larger holes is another reason why they could be taking longer. I'd thought Bryan said larger holes tend to heal faster, but eh.

He also recommended trying chamomile compresses. I already have the stuff at home, so might as well. And he told me to stop my shower cleaning regimen since I could be dragging the crusty stuff through and irritating the fistula. I feel like doing it every other day or so makes my ears feel better ("lighter," if you will), but last night the insides of the holes looked a little more red than before, so I'll just take his word for it.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sneferie View Post
    8 weeks, 4 days old: I dropped by BTW today to get a professional's opinion in person about my ears. Bryan wasn't in, but Jared, who's relatively new to the shop but not to piercing (is also an APP member), was. It was good to meet him.

First, he said that larger lobe piercings can take up to 5 months to heal depending on the person, so that made me feel a little better. I wasn't sure how close I should be to healed at this point. He asked me what size they were and when I said 2, he said "that's pretty big initially too," which made me think the fact that they're larger holes is another reason why they could be taking longer. I'd thought Bryan said larger holes tend to heal faster, but eh.

He also recommended trying chamomile compresses. I already have the stuff at home, so might as well. And he told me to stop my shower cleaning regimen since I could be dragging the crusty stuff through and irritating the fistula. I feel like doing it every other day or so makes my ears feel better ("lighter," if you will), but last night the insides of the holes looked a little more red than before, so I'll just take his word for it.
    Surely that bit was common sense though? That's pretty much exactly the reason everyone on here, including you, advises people not to use rings or play with bars in a new piercing.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

A bit yeah, but because it made my ears generally feel better I kept doing it. My ears start to feel... dirty?--after a couple of days of crust build-up under the front flare and the shower doesn't really get under there when they're still in my ears. Oh well. Just have to baby them for a while, I think.

9 weeks, 3 days: They're not quite as crusty now. Progress! I learned that large-gauge piercings often get a ring around the hole, not unlike punches, so that makes me feel better that at least it's not something I'm doing that's causing the thing on my left (see pic above). Hopefully it will re-absorb without having to downsize, because I think my ears don't really mind the glass after all. The ring does seem to be thinning out, slowly but surely. And I've been doing a lot better about not picking

On an unimportant note, I can often smell them, and it smells glorious x)

How long do you recommend waiting between a standard ear piercing and then a 1m stretcher, and then how long between each increment?

As a general rule, wait until the piercing is healed, and then add another 3-6 months for good measure. Wait time should increase the larger you go. I recommend reading this; it gives a little different guidelines than the one on this site but I prefer it just because it's more conservative.

Long time no hear, how they doing now?
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nox~ View Post
    Long time no hear, how they doing now?
    Slowly getting there! The left one was the one that was being so stubborn. Now it's finally stopped being puffy and the ring around the back seems to have gone away (hard to tell because I'm going only off of feel; camera still isn't taking clear pics). The right one has pretty much stayed the way it's always been. So, it's looking like I won't have to downsize. It will probably be a couple of more months before they're "fully healed" though, I think. And of course, it will be much longer before my first stretch. They say wait a year after the piercing, that will be in November, and I may decide not to stretch in the winter, in which case I'd wait until next Spring.
    Last edited by Sneferie; 03-17-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Glad to hear they are doing well!

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2