Thread: White ink and finger tattoos

Senior Member fear_the_shedevil's Avatar

Default White ink and finger tattoos

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice/experience from those with white ink tattoos and/or finger tattoos.

I'm considering a small heart outline on my finger but I am unsure if it will be worth it. I know white ink and tattoos on the hand area are susceptible to fading but I wanted to get an idea from someone with experience. Has your white ink discoloured over time? Faded completely? Have you had to have the process repeated/ the tattoo re-worked because of the area?

Any comments or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jodie

My sister-in-law has a tattoo on her finger (not sure it was done at the best shop though...). She's had it touched up twice in a year and it looks shocking, no idea what it was to look at it now and only half of the design is visible. IMO not worth it, looks awful
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

Although I have no experience with tattoos I'd say its not worth it. I remember reading something somewhere a while back that hands are a part of your body which age very badly, so I think it would be a waste of time, as it will probably fade quickly. Also the amount you use your hands in everyday life probably don't help age the tattoo well, as they're always weathered and come into contact with chemicals and stuff. Maybe if you got it on your wrist or somewhere else instead it might last longer?
    Piercings and what not..

2 x Lobes, 1 x 10mm Stretch (L), Helix (L), Tragus (L), Conch (L), Anti Tragus (R), Snug (R), Daith (R), Tongue Web & 2 x Wrist Skin Divers.
    Wish List: Rook, Gill, Orbital, Tatto.
    Retired: 3 x Lobe, 1 x Tragus.

Tumblr

Guess it would depend on where on the finger, those ones done on the outer side of the little finger fade fast, ones on the inside, sides of the finger will fade faster than those on the top.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

So would this not last long, or get messy? (I love it)

what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    So would this not last long, or get messy? (I love it)

I've blogged that on my Tumblr before, I'd love it! But yes logically it would wear faster than traditionally placed 'knuckle' tattoos due to friction. Reckon it would need to be touched up faster/sooner.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for the replies everyone, very much appreciated

Any more welcome as surprisingly I'm still considering lol
    Jodie

Professional Piercer Just_vix81's Avatar

Depending on what white ink the tattooist used it can show up really well! Saying that it really depends on your skin tone, some peoples skin doesn't take white ink at all, but others it really shows up.
    As for finger tattoos as said before it depends on were you are thinking of having it on your finger, I have all my fingers and thumbs tattooed in the knuckle position and on my wedding ring finger one running all the way up to my finger nail, all the knuckle tattoos have been re touched twice and the full finger one has been re touched once, (and could do with a bit more near the to), I also have a moustache tattooed on the inside of my index finger the first time it lasted a week and just faded to nothing 2nd time and we got it in there a lot better but near the tip of my finger needs doing again but it is very painful to get done so I think I'll leave it!!!
    Piercings
    Left ear:12 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Eyebrow
    Right nostril: x 3
    Left nostril: x 3
    Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

I have my index fingers tattooed.
    I had a heart before that faded horribly, got re-done, faded horribly.... Then I did those. The top half held up ok, but the lower half disappeared completely in about 1 week. Got them touched up and this time they kinda lasted a couple of months. Then I got them hand poked and they stayed for the most part. Handpoked again a couple of days ago, and lets see how it goes. I'm guessing I won't have to explain further - pretty obvious that they don't hold up well. :P

I do have some white ink on me also, and while you notice it because of the outline around it, if it was only white ink you wouldn't notice it at all. (in this picture you can see what I mean. in the sleeves of the geisha.)

White ink can work sometimes, depending on location, artist, ink and skin color/type. Finger tattoos can work depending on the placement and the patience of who has them. I see literally nothing resulting out of the combination of white ink + hands, tbh and I'm quite sure you wouldn't see anything either. :P
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

Thanks Pinks and Snicky, really interesting. I obviously don't want the tattoo to be strikingly obvious but also don't want something that isn't going to be visible at all.

I have contacted a girl on Tumblr that I follow, she has a series of circles on both of her middle fingers. She took pictures for me and at the moment they're 6 months old and they look pretty good.

I'm obviously still thinking about it and wont jump into it quickly so anymore experiences would be great.
    Jodie