Thread: Prince Albert.. Yes or no?

Question Prince Albert.. Yes or no?

Firstly, hellooooo!

Secondly, from the beginning. I apprenticed for just over a year, have been registered with the local council, taken and passed my First Aid at work, and Pediatric First Aid. Unfortunately, the ONE piercing that I have never done/seen done is the PA. For some bizarre reason men have issues having another girl watch them get their penis out... can't imagine why... Seen and done several *ahem* banjo strings (so many frenum piercings available at the minute I find this title easier to work with :p) as well as ladders and ampallangs, but never the PA.

Now, I've finally got my own studio (in the same town as my mentor, so anything I'm uncomfortable with doing I can send along to her) but I have had a few inquiries about aforementioned piercing. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable even attempting it, which is why I haven't to date. HOWEVER I was wondering if they're other piercers on here who have come across the same dilemma? Is it worth seeking the training to do so, or carry on as I have been and sending them to someone else? I'm not bothered about losing the money, but I've built up a customer base and it's a little bit annoying to have to send them else where for the rare occasions that it's called for. Just after a bit of advice

dpack_1

It's always worth seeking out training for as much as you can learn, not just because you can offer more services but because if anyone came in with an existing PA and said they had concerns about it you'd have a better understanding of them and be able to assist better.

Also I noticed in your profile thing that you wont do dermals because your mentor does them. That's a little bit weird in my eyes, i mean your mentor also does all the other piercings you do so why stop there? Dermals are so common place now that i don't even charge a premium on them over anything else other than a little more for in the increased cost in wholesale price of the jewellery itself.

But yeah, learn all you can and offer as many services as you can, there's no point in limiting yourself just because you'll only see 2 or 3 clients a year asking about it. I've only done a handful of fourchettes in the 7 years i've been doing this but i still learned how to do them just because knowledge is a good thing.

To be honest another reason I won't do dermals is more the Faff Factor as I like to call it! Skin divers I can do with no problem, but the anchor's I've always had issues with. Just can't get my head round them for some reason! Any issues I can usually deal with, can change tops no problem, but not really down with doing them at present. May change my mind in the future, but the area I'm in at the minute it's mostly navels and ear piercings in time for the holidays lol Fun times!

Although now you mention it, I do see what you mean in regards to learning how to do the PA's even if it's not a piercing I feel comfortable performing. May have to investigate further as, like I said, it seems to be the one piercing men have issues with if someone else is hovering to watch :p

I'm planning on doing it