Thread: Tragus worries

Default Tragus worries

So I got my tragus pierced nearly 8 weeks ago, I have had no problems with it, I kept it clean using the solution I was given by the piercer and then used surgical spirit (as recommended) when I ran out. I went back to where i got it pierced after 6 weeks and they said ecerything was fine. I noticed today that it had started to swell again which it hadn't done for a few weeks and (rightly or wrongly) I squeezed where it was swollen and some blood came out of the piercing. The swelling has gone now and it doesn't hurt and its clean so I don't know if this is good or bad? Help!
    Hi I'm Chels

Lover of all things shiny

Current Piercings:3 lobe (both), tragus (left), snug (left), rook (left), helix (right), forward helix (right), nose

Future Piercings: Either another two forward helix or an industrial if I have the room

Quote Originally Posted by chelseamichelle213 View Post
    So I got my tragus pierced nearly 8 weeks ago, I have had no problems with it, I kept it clean using the solution I was given by the piercer and then used surgical spirit (as recommended) when I ran out. I went back to where i got it pierced after 6 weeks and they said ecerything was fine. I noticed today that it had started to swell again which it hadn't done for a few weeks and (rightly or wrongly) I squeezed where it was swollen and some blood came out of the piercing. The swelling has gone now and it doesn't hurt and its clean so I don't know if this is good or bad? Help!
    Stop using lotions and potions on it, surgical spirit is dreadful for piercings. You need to be doing sea salt soaks or just rinsing over it in the shower. You can do SSS by using pure saline or making your own by using 250ml (about a mug full) of boiled water left to cool down and adding 1/4tsp sea salt and soak the piercing for 5 mins 1-2 times a day. The swelling will be from the stuff you've put on it irritating it and the blood possibly a reaction from being squeezed, do know that this piercing can take 9-12 months or more to heal fully.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ow god not surgical spirit :( SSS and rinse in the shower, leave it alone at all other times.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue