Thread: How to get rid of swelling and possible infection? .__. *lip pericing*

Default How to get rid of swelling and possible infection? .__. *lip pericing*

Okay so last week I hit my lip on my knee tying my shoe,yes I know lame right? -,- And it didn't swell up the at first but 3 days later it swelled up but you can't see it, it's not visible but I can feel a ball inside my lip from where it's swollen. It's been nearly a month since I've had the peircing and today little bit of white pus came out the inside and the skin around the back peice of the labret is raised a tiny bit. But I've been taking really good care of it. None of my peircings have ever done this ( ; _ ; ).How do I get rid of it?D:

Hmm, if you truly believe it's infected the only way you will be able to get rid of it would be to go to the doctor and get on antibiotics. I'd suggest visiting your piercer and asking them to look at it so you can know if what's going on is just irritation or an infection. The white pus doesn't sound very good -- the swelling and pus is what happened with my antitragus and I had to go on a round of antibiotics after visiting the dr. It cleared it right up.
    Have: Septum, 16g lobes R: anti-tragus, rook L: helix, daith, tragus, inner conch
    Stretching my lobes to 0g!
    Want: Nipples, R snug and vertical tragus
    Retired: L&R second and third lobes

Quote Originally Posted by Desichan View Post
    Okay so last week I hit my lip on my knee tying my shoe,yes I know lame right? -,- And it didn't swell up the at first but 3 days later it swelled up but you can't see it, it's not visible but I can feel a ball inside my lip from where it's swollen. It's been nearly a month since I've had the peircing and today little bit of white pus came out the inside and the skin around the back peice of the labret is raised a tiny bit. But I've been taking really good care of it. None of my peircings have ever done this ( ; _ ; ).How do I get rid of it?D:
    Hiya and welcome to the forums. The classic signs of infection are hot to touch, excessive pain and swelling, brown/green/dark yellow smelly pus, throbbing, bleeding and so on and that's without it getting hit as yours did.

What you have is a young, still healing piercing that's undergoing trauma most likely.

Swelling and "white pus" which is also actually not pus but lymph and is part of the healing process is normal, especially as it got hit. To help it chew on ice and use cold compresses on the outside, take ibuprofen if you can, baby it so make sure that you're not playing with it or touching it, use sea salt soak rinses.

If it doesn't settle in the next few days or so or you start to see the problems get significantly worse or get symptoms like the ones I described above then go and see a good piercer or doctor.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I have a lip piercing too
    It took me about 2 months to heal, and I had hit it several times the 1st month. It would swole and about 1 week later it was ok

Although I was taking one ibuprofen pill per day, and that helped with the pain!

Same thing happened to me. My lip was doing really good until I bumped it and then I had a skin lump form at the back that I'm still battling with. Hopefully things went better for you.

Go back to initial healing care, rise with alcohol free mouthwash or salt water after any food, smoking, kissing. Clean the outside with sea salt solution twice a day with clean cotton buds and just generally baby it for a while. Do you have a ring or a bar? I found a ring was a bitch to heal and a bar much better.
    Current piercings: tongue web, smiley, 2 clavicle microdermals
    Retired piercings: snakebites, septum, eyebrow, top and bottom navel

try h20 ocean clean spray?