Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bethy's got her septum pierced!

Default Bethy's got her septum pierced!

I used to hate septum piercings, but then I started really liking then, and today I got mine pierced! Initially, I was planning on getting my septum pierced after Christmas, but I was already going to get my eyebrow piercing changed to a retainer that I had bought, so I thought I might as well get a piercing done. First, I thought I'd choose between a conch or a daith, but then I decided that it would be better to get my septum done as I'm less likely to get a cold now than I would be after Christmas.

I went to Hex again, which is an awesome piercing studio, and I was pierced by Laura who is great at making people feel less nervous. I started to become very, very scared on the way to Hex and I was terrified when I was in the piercing room - I haven't been this scared for a piercing since I got my first needle piercing, a helix, when I was 13. When me, my mum and my step dad arrived, we chatted to the staff for a while, talked a bit about aftercare then I asked about a few of the ear piercings I want, then it was time for my piercing.

I asked if they had any 1mm nostril retainers but they only had 1.2mm and they didn't have any balls on them so I didn't have to pay. Laura put them in and they went in okay, then cut they to fit my nose. Then she looked at my eyebrow piercing and said it could be rejecting, but I could leave it to see if it settles or take it out if I notice more signs of rejection then get it repierced at some point. She changed my initial bar to make retainer and cut it because it was really long.

Then, my piercing. I was terrified and shaking - my legs were trembling so bad. Laura got my to relax a bit then told me to slow my breathing. She was very nice and said it would be okay, which made me feel a bit better. She found the 'sweet spot' with the clamps which took a minute or two and wasn't the most pleasant feeling, but it didn't really hurt, then she told me to breath in as the needle went through. The pain was awful, and I cried a little bit, but it only lasted a second as the needle went through quickly. Laura let me have a little break before the jewellery insertion, then she put the U-shaped retainer in and I had a look at it in the mirror. She said it looked really cute and me mum even said she it looked cute, which is quite shocking considering she hates septum piercings and it took a bit of persuading for her to let me have the then. Afterwards, Laura flipped it up for me, then I was given a lolly pop. xD Now I look like I don't have any facial piercings with all my retainers, which is better for school... At least my head of year and headmaster will leave me alone now. The pain of the actual piercing only lasted and then it became an ache which was unpleasant, but not unbearable. It aches it bit ocasionally now if I move my nose.

Unfortunatly, there are no pictures because I forgot to take my camera to Hex and now it's flipped up. There will be pictures when I get it changed after it's healed.

I've just soaked my eyebrow with a cotton pad and my septum with two cotton buds, then cleaned my septum with cotton buds to try to get the dried blood off it. I think I got all or, if not, most of it but I didn't want to irritate it by poking around too much. I'm very happy with my experience today and I can't wait for my piercing to be healed so I can get it changed to a circular barbell.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

I found I could soak my septum quite easily with a shot glass, breathing though my mouth. Nose was a bit tender for a while but then has been a dream since.
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

Quote Originally Posted by EBrooks131 View Post
    I found I could soak my septum quite easily with a shot glass, breathing though my mouth. Nose was a bit tender for a while but then has been a dream since.
    Yeah, my nose is quite tender now, and hopefully mine will be a dream too.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Congrats on the new shiney!!!!!
    I agree, I use a small plastic cup to soak mine. And it helps take away some of the sting too, lol. Mine is down, and I can't flip it up, so sometimes when it moves and a crusty is on the jewelry, it stings!

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

Congratulations, I can't wait to see pictures later! I bet it looks great. I'm glad that your mom even thought it was cute!
    Have: Septum, 16g lobes R: anti-tragus, rook L: helix, daith, tragus, inner conch
    Stretching my lobes to 0g!
    Want: Nipples, R snug and vertical tragus
    Retired: L&R second and third lobes

Quote Originally Posted by witchywoman80 View Post
    Congrats on the new shiney!!!!!
    I agree, I use a small plastic cup to soak mine. And it helps take away some of the sting too, lol. Mine is down, and I can't flip it up, so sometimes when it moves and a crusty is on the jewelry, it stings!
    Quote Originally Posted by cassafrassa View Post
    Congratulations, I can't wait to see pictures later! I bet it looks great. I'm glad that your mom even thought it was cute!
    Thanks both of you!

Day 1:

Last night the ache kind of went to an unpleasant feeling, like when you bang your nose and the pain stops being so bad but you can still feel a bit of pain/discomfort. I can still feel the piercing today and my nose feels a bit weird and discomforted, but it only hurts if I really move my nose, which I'm trying not to do. When I got up, I tried to find dried blood and/or crusties, but I didn't find anything.

Welcome to the club (: can't wait to see piccies, bet it really suits you! I ditto what someone else said about it being a stinging pain when cleaning it, hopefully it'll be a great healer for you too.

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

Quote Originally Posted by timeforheroes View Post
    Welcome to the club (: can't wait to see piccies, bet it really suits you! I ditto what someone else said about it being a stinging pain when cleaning it, hopefully it'll be a great healer for you too.
    Thanks, I can't wait to be able to show it! I hope so too.

Congrats my septum was so painful! But they're worth it, they look awesome. Happy healing
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

Quote Originally Posted by Starry-night View Post
    Congrats my septum was so painful! But they're worth it, they look awesome. Happy healing
    Thanks! My septum was about as bad as my nostrils, which were also very painful. But yeah, I can't wait to wear a circular barbell in it.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast