Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nips! (with an IBD!)

Default Nips! (with an IBD!)

Hello!
    Thought I'd share my experience of nipple piercings and hope it's useful for others!
    I was a bit cautious about getting a new piercing since I had been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis as I didn't know how it would affect the healing of the piercing! but I hadn't had a flare up in about a month and I was taking my meds, so I went for it!
    I went in on the 13th October after having a consultation on the phone with the piercer, I then looked around the studio etc. It was my usual piercing studio but I hadn't been pierced for over 3 years!
    They sat me down and set up everything in front of me so I could see everything in the sterile packaging, I was a bit nervous thinking about having to lower my top but they were so professional, it didn't really bother me in the end. I was cleaned and marked up and they kept checking the marks until they thought it was right. I was then asked to lay down and ad everything explained to me what would happen. The clamps went on and I was warned when he pushed the needle through (Ouch!), I was just told to relax whilst everything that was happening was being described to me. The jewellery was inserted (16mmx 1.6mm titanium barbell I think!).
    I kept being asked if I was okay and just to take my time sitting up and to say when I was ready for the next one. The 2nd piercing was worse (I knew what was coming this time!).
    I bled a little but it was soon cleared up, I was given as much time as I needed before getting up, I looked in the mirror whilst they were explaining the aftercare etc. They put dressing on, I paid them and I was on my merry way!
    Overall amazing experience, painful (but I have a low pain threshold), but the piercer was so caring and professional!

I recommend no bra and a loose shirt for sleeping and padded bras for the day time!
    I will keep you up to date on my progress probably everyday for the first two weeks then I'll casually update!

Day 1: Quite sore! Padded bras are amazing for this right now so I'm just being cautious, bled a little from the left one when SSSing in the evening.
    Day 2: Had a proper chance to clean the blood off in the shower, no pain or swelling, just very sensitive.
    Day 3: Went out last night for a few drinks so I put dressing on and there was tiny bits of blood when I came back (probably just from squeezing past people in the bars), no pain though. I've got the late freshers flu though so lets see how my immune system will cope!
    Day 4: The itchiness has started! Only 10am and it's driving me crazy
    Wee bit sore and tiny bit of swelling (probably cause I spent all of yesterday in my pjs with no bra :p) when I woke up but no lymph yet!
    Day 5: Still feels itchy! bit tender and the tiniest bit of dried blood on my left one. Still no leakage!
    Day 6: Bit tender and finally getting lymph from the left one! (sounds so grim).
    Day 7: Teeny tiny bits of crusties on both but no pain!
    Day 8: My alarm made me jump so I managed to punch myself in the boob this morning (ouch!), wee bit tender. Very itchy today but not really painful.
    Day 9: Tender and a tiny bit more crusties, but it's not bothering me as much.
    Day 10: Feeling fine and a tiny bit of leakage.
    Day 11: Bit sensitive and I knocked one a bit in the shower, but the pain goes quickly. Hardly any lymph.
    Last edited by Josebean; 10-22-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

Current piercings: Right & left ear: 8mm, 1.2mm orbitals .Tragus(right only). Centre vertical tongue. Right Nostril x2. horizontal 1.6mm Nipples. septum.

Current Tattoos: Custom Cat/cherry blossom thigh piece.

Previous: Navel, tongue frenulum, helix + snakebites.

Future: More tats.

Congrats! Very brave. My nips are really tender a lot so I know it would really really hurt, so I daren't.

I do have Crohn's though, so I get similar symptoms, along with no immune system. I heal okay though, and obviously wouldn't want to or be able physically to get a piercing if I was being sick a lot. I've been okay for the last month; well I can keep my food down and I am not bad with needing the toilet, as long as I don't stress out.

Looking forwards to stretching my lobes again when my current order from here comes. Which I was brave enough to have a nip done though.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

I was quite sensitive anyway so it did hurt me quite a bit but I guess it depends on the person! One day you may change your mind! I was told it would be sore for a few weeks but 24 hours later I don't even notice them! (Although padded bras are a god send!)
    I'm really glad it's settled down for the time being for you! Good luck with your stretching!
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

Current piercings: Right & left ear: 8mm, 1.2mm orbitals .Tragus(right only). Centre vertical tongue. Right Nostril x2. horizontal 1.6mm Nipples. septum.

Congrats on the new shinies! I think I've decided nips are going to be my next piercings. I'm pretty sensitive too but I have a pretty decent tolerance for pain so hopefully it won't be too bad (I think it's worth it either way, though). I hope they heal up nicely for you. =)

Thank you! They've bled a tiny bit today but I went out to the bars tonight so they probably just a little bumped trying to squeeze past people (although I did wear dressing!).
    Good luck if you get yours done! They're amazing!
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

well done! getting mine re done was best thing i did, they are now 4 monthes old

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

Quote Originally Posted by Josebean View Post
    I was quite sensitive anyway so it did hurt me quite a bit but I guess it depends on the person! One day you may change your mind! I was told it would be sore for a few weeks but 24 hours later I don't even notice them! (Although padded bras are a god send!)
    I'm really glad it's settled down for the time being for you! Good luck with your stretching!
    Oh I want them done, but my nips hurt just pinching them. Lol. So I know it would hurt a lot, plus healing them might be difficult as I have a very bouncy pouncey puppy. I reckon I would have to wait until he is past the puppy stage to have success with healing them.

Plus, I don't think I could show that part of my body to just anyone. My body is practically covered constantly and has been for years to avoid sun damage. I'm really self conscious from literally hibernating indoors. Ha ha.

I am envious. Congrats again and happy healing.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

I think it was worth the pain, I have a cat who has a habit of meowing until I've picked him up to cuddle him and he'll jump on me at night, bit risky at the moment though haha. I still can't believe I went ahead with it
    The piercer was so professional and would make silly little jokes or tell me anecdotes to distract me from being nervous, it was so professional though so I didn't feel as nervous doing it.
    I hope you manage to get them done one day! They're amazing!
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

Congratulations, it took me ages too to get around to getting mine 'done' too, however when I did - initially only one of them I was thrilled. The piercing itself was slightly uncomfortable - when getting pierced I used the f word, however several years later that's forgotten and what remains is two pieces of stainless steel where no-one expects them.
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

UPDATE: Coming up to 4 weeks old, sore if I knock them brushing past a door or something but apart from that, no pain, usual lymph etc. Very happy with them
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast