Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nips! (with an IBD!)

Congrats, thanks for sharing your healing diary, just what I was looking for. Think I will get both mine done this weekend
    Piercings:: Ear lobes x2 | Helix x2 | Tragus | Labret (retired) | Tongue Web (retired) | Microdermal, Forearm (retired) | Nostril
    Wanting::
    nipples (i do have nipples, i want them piercing)
    Tattoos:: both feet, large piece left side, large piece right thigh & two small ones on nape & behind ear.

Oh good luck!!

UPDATE:
    They swelled more than intended so they started to look horrific but my piercer changed them to bioflex and gave me the jewellery free (probably cause I'm a regular :P). They were fine after, one had agonising pain so I just nursed it (I'm kinda doing LITHO/cleaning if irritated) and it was better within a week. The balls started to dig in and embed from one side so I changed them to my original balls (I think they were 5mm) and I managed to rip it a bit taking my top off (ow!), but nursing it did the trick and they're great now. Still a long way off from being fully healed but they're only 3 months old and I temporarily ran out of meds for the IBD so my immune system has other priorities over healing them.
    But so far no rejection or infection! (and I hope I never will)
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

Current piercings: Right & left ear: 8mm, 1.2mm orbitals .Tragus(right only). Centre vertical tongue. Right Nostril x2. horizontal 1.6mm Nipples. septum.

Current Tattoos: Custom Cat/cherry blossom thigh piece.

Previous: Navel, tongue frenulum, helix + snakebites.

Future: More tats.

yayy i'm glad your experience went well (:

Hi Jo I am another Jo! I am thinking carefully about this piercing & will talk to my piercer about it for the future. I usually only plan one piercing at a time to help my body along & would probably just get one done at this stage. It was helpful to read your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Josebean View Post
    Oh good luck!!

UPDATE:
    They swelled more than intended so they started to look horrific but my piercer changed them to bioflex and gave me the jewellery free (probably cause I'm a regular :P). They were fine after, one had agonising pain so I just nursed it (I'm kinda doing LITHO/cleaning if irritated) and it was better within a week. The balls started to dig in and embed from one side so I changed them to my original balls (I think they were 5mm) and I managed to rip it a bit taking my top off (ow!), but nursing it did the trick and they're great now. Still a long way off from being fully healed but they're only 3 months old and I temporarily ran out of meds for the IBD so my immune system has other priorities over healing them.
    But so far no rejection or infection! (and I hope I never will)
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

I'm glad I could help!
    I got both at the same time cause it would have been cheaper than getting them separately.
    I hope you have a great experience if you do choose to get it
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

Current piercings: Right & left ear: 8mm, 1.2mm orbitals .Tragus(right only). Centre vertical tongue. Right Nostril x2. horizontal 1.6mm Nipples. septum.

We're all different, I got my left nipple pierced first - I only meant to get one done, then its neighbour felt lonely. It might well have been less expensive had I got them together, however doing this way worked for me; do whatever works for you which might mean waiting, which might not doing them at all - again whatever works for you. Personally I enjoyed the experience, the first was done on a sunny day in Belfast I felt chilled out relaxed and in a good mood, the piercing lead me to use the F word however after that the day resumed its pleasant pace and I enjoyed coffee with a friend my poor nip wearing a bandage.
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

Oh yeah, everyone is different, but I guess that's what these experience diaries are for, to get a general idea and problems that MAY occur.
    They turned 3 months old yesterday and still no signs of rejection! (Yippie!)
    Recently there's been a lot less lymph! (and I'm hoping it stays that way!) - It's probably because I've been cleaning it a little more.They don't really drain lymph that much unless they're properly bathed.
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12