Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First tattoo, NICKEL Allergy concern

Exclamation First tattoo, NICKEL Allergy concern

Ive got my first tatto booked next wed. Was really excited about it until i read some colours have nickal in them.I live in Queensland Australia, what are the chances of me having a bad reaction? I will call the tattoo bloke tomorrow, just wanted to see what you guys think? Its a decent rib tat from my hip to my breast. The colours used will be black purple and pink. Id post a link but as im still very new i literally cant. Any extra info also appreciated!! Ive been told it will take about three hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DaharkazAngel View Post
    Ive got my first tatto booked next wed. Was really excited about it until i read some colours have nickal in them.I live in Queensland Australia, what are the chances of me having a bad reaction? I will call the tattoo bloke tomorrow, just wanted to see what you guys think? Its a decent rib tat from my hip to my breast. The colours used will be black purple and pink. Id post a link but as im still very new i literally cant. Any extra info also appreciated!! Ive been told it will take about three hours.
    If you ask the artist they will be able to tell you what ink they use and what it contains as that's not something we're going to know. Do you react to nickel badly/severely already?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well i just asked and he said hes never had anyone have a bad reaction before, and if im really worried that i can do just a patch test and wait for a bit. Hmmm think ill just go for it. I do have a moderate reaction to nickel atm. Watches, fake jewelery, belts, underwire etc. Guess its a risk im willing to take. Ill let you guys know how i go, like i said its not till next wed and todays friday

I'm allergic to nickel. I take considerably longer to heal when tattooed (esp black ink).. most people take about 2 weeks, I can easily take 2 months before everything is settled properly. I'm sure other people may react differently, if you're concerned I would see a dermatologist.
    Benji
    Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Yeah im thinking ill prob take longer to heal too then. Do you do anything special to encourage the healing? Ive heard warm showers as warm as you can go slowly, help with healing. I will def post pics, fingers crossedi guess.

I have a nickel allergy too (it causes a lot of piercing-related pain, mostly). I have three tattoos and frankly the only issue I've had were with my feet, and that's mainly due to the location and they generally take longer to heal. And like it's been mentioned, black ink... my most recent tattoo is all black and on my foot - I got it in late August and it just healed last week. Almost 6 weeks. My tongue piercing healed faster than that and I got that done AFTER the tattoo. Even then, though, my arm took 3, nearly 4 weeks, instead of 1 to 2. Usually it doesn't cause a huge issue (maybe longer healing, but that's about it as far as I'm aware), but if you're concerned just ask about the nickel content in any of the ink the artist may use for tattooing. If they can't tell you or won't, don't get it done there/by them.
    Piercings:
    Current: tongue
    Retired: tragus (l), first lobes (if it works out, will get redone. For 4th time)
    To come: 2nd lobes, regular nostril (l) (possibly)

Tattoos:

Current: "Always" deer - right foot
    "Illegitimi non carborundum" Eiffel tower - right arm
    "It goes on" + flying bird silhouettes - left foot

Next in line: Either "Breathe" (left wrist), or "To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose" (upper left ribcage).
    ~Sarah

Ok, so your saying blacks the one colour ill most likely have issues with??

Yeah basically. Even then it's important to factor in the placement; the all-black was something I got on my feet and it was a bigger tattoo. But I still had issues with keeping it moisturized; it was either too much lotion or not enough, because the thing really wanted to stay dry. So if you get black definitely watch it more carefully, but it shouldn't cause adverse reactions like an infection (in comparison to other colours). Just slower healing and maybe some more swelling than usual... but otherwise you should be fine
    Piercings:
    Current: tongue
    Retired: tragus (l), first lobes (if it works out, will get redone. For 4th time)
    To come: 2nd lobes, regular nostril (l) (possibly)

Tattoos:

Current: "Always" deer - right foot
    "Illegitimi non carborundum" Eiffel tower - right arm
    "It goes on" + flying bird silhouettes - left foot

Next in line: Either "Breathe" (left wrist), or "To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose" (upper left ribcage).
    ~Sarah

this may be a really stupid question but, tattoo ink has nickle in it? do all inks have it?
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyMeadows View Post
    this may be a really stupid question but, tattoo ink has nickle in it? do all inks have it?
    It's mainly black inks with regards to nickel, lots of info on google, this is just 1 article.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast