Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First tattoo, NICKEL Allergy concern

Glad it went so well for you!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Sp update guys, had a free touch up of some outline lines done after 4 weeks (artisit offersa touch up before the six week mark :P ), that was a week and a half ago. Everything has healed nicely and def NO NICKEL reaction WIN!!

Heres some pics i posted in the show off thread. Enjoy

Cost me $400, took a hr to do the outline and two hrs to shade.

Last one from back a little. Quite happy with it for my first haha

Ok so I got my second tattoo two weeks ago. This one I AM having a NICKEL reaction too. FML. I have little bumps under all the purple ink. Ideas on what to do?? I switched from bepanthan to paw paw in a hope its a allergy from the cream BUT it is only mostly on the purple ink :(

Weird I had no issues first time round but I have with this one..... thoughts?? Garh im so itchy :(

I have a nickel allergy too and have read that some tattoo artists will go over a tattoo having a reaction with witch hazel? might be something to look into?
    Benji
    Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

I think mine was triggered by UV?? Not sure, but the steroid cream worked. Its fine now, still tender but. No bumps :P

By Uv I mean the sun, as my ribs didn't get sunlight while healing, my foot has.

Glad to hear it's improving ! I have terrible nickel allergies, so you may have put my mind at ease about getting a tattoo

Also, that fish is so adorable !
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Haha thank you :P Yeah my foot is fine now, still tender in the spots where I had a reaction, but there is no bumps and its not itchy. That itch was insane, worse then a healing tattoo. The reaction was very small bumps under all the purple ink, very tender but very itchy too, exactly the same thing that happens if I wear nickel :P Was only in the purple ink, pink and blue was OK. The cream I used to stop the reaction is for my dermatitis and is called ELOCON cream 0.1%. It is a steroid or quatarzone based. So not good for long term use as it will thin the skin making it more susceptible to stuff. I used it as I have done in the past after wearing a watch or new pants with a metal button etc, so I knew my skin would respond to it. I just want to say im SUPER allergic to nickel, like I cant hold coins and be sweaty, or wear under wire bras that have exposed wires. A tattoo was a risk, I took it and am so happy I did

I'm the exact same ! Though I get eczema too. Yay. The only cortisone cream that helps me is the ridiculously strong stuff and that burns :(

I can't wear a watch, can't wear rings, can't wear jeans, can't hold coins for long either, can't buy dresses/skirts with zips up the back, can't wear shoes with metal on them.. The list goes on. So annoying ! Glad to know I'm not alone I shall avoid purple if I ever go ahead and get a tattoo then ! Did you lose any of the colour with the allergic reaction ?
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast