Thread: Tragus piercing trauma

Unhappy Tragus piercing trauma

okay trauma may be exaggerating a little but I think I have a keloid on my tragus piercing!

its really sensitive, I can't even take the piercing out as its way too painful to do so. uh, anybody had this problem? don't get grossed out or anything but thought I'd share it with you all. Looks great! no, really any advice or remedies? please

Click on the link in my signature to be taken to the bump thread and get all the answers you'll need or that will probably be posted here anyway.

Looks like possible bad placement, irritation from poor quality jewellery to me, go to a competent piercer if you want it removed and cannot do it yourself or for the jewellery chang which will be suggested in the above mentioned thread.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

eeek that didn't happen to me. But, the piercer who gave it to me put a stud in and i said"i don't think that will be right" and he was like this is the best way for it to heal. I wanted a hoop knowing about piercings and using common knowledge. Anyway i was like he's the professional. So he did it. and i've had hell... it became very irritated and i woke up with dry blood drippings. So i said screw it... and i went a got a hoop and had a piercer put it in... and even that piercer said that they shouldn't have originally putted a stud in it especially the shape it was *very very tiny*. Anyway he put the hoop in and it's healing on it's own fine... no issue.

Anyway my advice is to always use high quality jewelry when you get a piercing and also give it enough breathing room so that you can clean it as well as moister doesn't get locked in between the jewelry and the skin. And also think to yourself will this jewelry be appropriate for it.... will it cause irritation (through pulling/rough handling *when sleeping and other activities*)

Anyway hope my advice helps u in the future if you decide to get another form of piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyAtmos View Post
    eeek that didn't happen to me. But, the piercer who gave it to me put a stud in and i said"i don't think that will be right" and he was like this is the best way for it to heal. I wanted a hoop knowing about piercings and using common knowledge. Anyway i was like he's the professional. So he did it.
    Uh, as far as I'm aware, proper placement and all that aside, labret studs and barbells *are*, in fact, the best way to heal piercings.
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    10g first + 14g second lobes, right helix,
    left daith, right conch, paired nostrils,
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    industrial, septum, rook,
    third lobe, outer conch.

Either go to a different piercer or a doctor and see what they can do. That does look painful :S

Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    Uh, as far as I'm aware, proper placement and all that aside, labret studs and barbells *are*, in fact, the best way to heal piercings.
    They are, just shows how many bad piercers are out there giving terrible advice.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yup labret or barbell in titanium is ur best bet x
    pierced....nape, Tragus, conch, 2 lobe piercings each side, dermal on butterfly tat

Retired ....belly button (grew out) and now my washboard stomach is a thing of the past :fronose
    got nose piercing even with hay fever

Love dermals cos they are so versatile