Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nipple piercings at 17?

Congrats on getting it done! I too would be intrigued which studio it was if it was in Bristol as I too live in Bristol (:

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

Do it. I've always wondered, doesn't the bra hurt a nipple piercing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kifoo View Post
    Do it. I've always wondered, doesn't the bra hurt a nipple piercing?
    No.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Avoid Blue Banana for anything they're not proper piercers.
    What's wrong with Blue Banana?
    Current Piercings:
    Right Industrial;Right Tragus; Bottom Left Lip; Central Vertical Labret;Navel; Inverse Navel; Hip Microdermals (one on each side).
    Also have lobes done but had them since I was little and don't wear anything in them.

Quote Originally Posted by addicted21 View Post
    What's wrong with Blue Banana?
    They aren't piercers, they are shop assistants given a few days "training" on how to pierce. They have a hideous repuation based on being unprofessional, unhelpful, bad piercing methods (ie piercings done too shallow, too deep, bad placement), using incorrect jewellery (ie a curved bar in a surface piercing), using jewellery that doesn't conform to EU regulations (ie not using implant grade quality) and well yeah the fact that often you'll be getting pierced by someone who has no clue not just about piercing but also no clue about blood bourne pathogens, cross contamination and so on.

I have heard 1 person say that they know of a good BB piercer but this is because it was a well established and experienced piercer simply working from a BB shop, however I would be wary of a so-called good piercer happy to have their name tarnished in such a way.

We have an entire thread on why BB is so bad here.

Any good piercer near a BB store will know of the garbage they perform and the hideously bad aftercare they tell people as they're the ones who have to clean up the mess if/when the piercee contacts someone who is a professional.

/rant
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

They aren't piercers, they are shop assistants given a few days "training" on how to pierce. They have a hideous repuation based on being unprofessional, unhelpful, bad piercing methods (ie piercings done too shallow, too deep, bad placement), using incorrect jewellery (ie a curved bar in a surface piercing), using jewellery that doesn't conform to EU regulations (ie not using implant grade quality) and well yeah the fact that often you'll be getting pierced by someone who has no clue not just about piercing but also no clue about blood bourne pathogens, cross contamination and so on.

I have heard 1 person say that they know of a good BB piercer but this is because it was a well established and experienced piercer simply working from a BB shop, however I would be wary of a so-called good piercer happy to have their name tarnished in such a way.

We have an entire thread on why BB is so bad here.

Any good piercer near a BB store will know of the garbage they perform and the hideously bad aftercare they tell people as they're the ones who have to clean up the mess if/when the piercee contacts someone who is a professional.

/rant
    I've had all 8 of my piercings done there and they have all turned out great. Everything was done properly and with the correct jewellery and placements. They seem very professional to me.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Industrial;Right Tragus; Bottom Left Lip; Central Vertical Labret;Navel; Inverse Navel; Hip Microdermals (one on each side).
    Also have lobes done but had them since I was little and don't wear anything in them.

Quote Originally Posted by addicted21 View Post
    I've had all 8 of my piercings done there and they have all turned out great. Everything was done properly and with the correct jewellery and placements. They seem very professional to me.
    I stand by what I say 90% or more of the people who are pierced there will have badly done piercings or have issues or be given bad aftercare advice or be refused follow up care. I base this on what I have seen on here, personal accounts from friends and also accounts from piercers who clean up their mess. I've also seen on their FB page how rude and unprofessional they can be represented as a company.

I'm not nor have I ever said 100% of all piercers in BB are bad but the chances of being pierced by one are extremely high and as a retail company they give piercing a very bad name.

To use an analogy, someone threw themselves off a cliff once, they survived, I'd still advise people don't throw themselves off cliffs.

I stand by what I say 90% or more of the people who are pierced there will have badly done piercings or have issues or be given bad aftercare advice or be refused follow up care. I base this on what I have seen on here, personal accounts from friends and also accounts from piercers who clean up their mess. I've also seen on their FB page how rude and unprofessional they can be represented as a company.

I'm not nor have I ever said 100% of all piercers in BB are bad but the chances of being pierced by one are extremely high and as a retail company they give piercing a very bad name.

To use an analogy, someone threw themselves off a cliff once, they survived, I'd still advise people don't throw themselves off cliffs.
    First time I've ever heard anything bad about them. But yeah, my experience has been great every time. Hopefully it stays that way
    Current Piercings:

In the US a lot of piercers won't but I have friends who got them done at age 16 and 17 because they were friends with the guy.

This doesn't pertain to the OP since she isn't in the US, but here, at least in my state, you have to be 18+ for genital or nipple piercings, regardless of parental consent. For those who are friends with someone that will do it, cool for you but you are really setting the piercer up for a big fall since it would likely be a sexual assault if they were caught...and yeah, they do get caught from time to time. Certainly if they have any scrupples they already know this, so it's on them if they get busted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast