Thread: infected nostril piercing?

Exclamation infected nostril piercing?

ok hi i'm new this forum, i thought i'd come here instead of yahoo answers because they give whack answers on there lmao -.-
    i'm 16 and i got my nose pierced on the 21st of july with a stud. all i was given for aftercare was a spray thing, which i sprayed inside and outside on the nostril.
    like a week after i got it pierced, i ignored all advice and tried to change it from a stud to a ring... i had a captive ball ring but i couldn't get the ball on after like 2 hours so i went back to the stud
    i left it as a stud but like 2 weeks later i tried the ring again... again i failed with the ball so i went to a stud...
    around the 6 week mark when it should of been healed i started to develop the dreaded nose bump... i knew it wasn't an infection because it didn't hurt and there was no pus... i read you were supposed to use sea salt or tea tree oil on it but i have none of that i only had normal salt and that was no good so i popped the bump and it went away and was all good for a while...
    i ran out of nose spray so i started to use normal ear lobe spray cause i knew it wasn't fully healed yet...
    i left it as a stud until like the 9th of september i brought a new ring and stud.. this time i had one of those rings you put in backwards with the flat back... i was able to get it in... but i put a stud back in for school but not my old stud the new one i brought which i think was a thinner gauge... i got pierced with the normal 18 gauge but i think this stud was like 20 gauge... so i had that in for like 2 weeks....
    on 22nd of september i tried to put the backwards ring in again but this time it wouldn't go in? so i was finally able to get the captive ball one in. it hurt and i was starting to get a bump again but i figured that would go away. i hated it cause you could see the ball hanging out the bottom of my nostril. so i brought small earrings (the hinge type that clip and unclip) the exact same size as my nose ring and put that in my nostril a few days ago. it still hurt heaps, the bump was getting bigger, but this time pus stuff was coming out of it... my mum went to a piercing place yesterday and got rock salt as well as more spray and we used that as well as some tea tree oil. but today my mum thought my nose looked swollen so we went to a doctor and got antibiotics
    i know it's infected for sure the doctor said if it's not better in a couple of days to take the piercing fully out but then it will close over? what should i do... mum hates me having a piercing... will the antibiotics make the infection completely go away, and once it's gone how can i heal it properly so i have no more trouble?

Oh my, your poor nose! I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it's not infected but is actually just majorly pissed off! Simplest solution is to just put a stud in and LEAVE IT ALONE! There's seriously no need for any kind of cleaning spray, TTO and even SSS aren't essential, just a quick rinse in the shower every day should be more than enough. Stop switching the jewellery as every time you did this the healing process was severely delayed. Just put a stud in and treat it is a brand new piercing. No spray, no TTO, no switching jewellery every week. Just leave it alone and it should be fine.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Take the anti-biotics, there are various signs of infection but some don't always present with them but as above, you've never once given it chance to heal. Leave alone, take the meds you were advised to take by a medical professional and give it 2-3 months healing time before you do a thing to it again.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

just leave it alone clean it 2-4 times a day with a q-tip, clean hands and you should be all good. don't use salt water it'll irritate it!

Quote Originally Posted by kieraedwards View Post
    just leave it alone clean it 2-4 times a day with a q-tip, clean hands and you should be all good. don't use salt water it'll irritate it!
    Conflicting much? 4 times a day is massive overcleaning, also try to keep q-tips away from it, poking a problematic piercing with possibly dirty items is not a good idea. Salt water will NOT irritate a piercing when mixed correctly (1/4tsp seal salt to 250ml water or 0.9% saline).
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<