Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Double Nostrils!

Default My Double Nostrils! // Down to One.

So, I've wanted something new for a while now, and not too long ago(maybe two monthsish?) I'd found a studio where they pierce with only anatometal, and not standard boring plain studs and stuff(I guess unless it's required I suppose)! I tried them out with jewellery changes, when I needed to swap out to a shorter barbell, when I needed help with my daith -- and they passed everything with flying colours and were the best help I've ever found in a piercing studio in my city(Plus, I think and am 99% positive they are the only ones in my city who will pierce you with titanium over surgical steel... EVERYWHERE pierces with surgical steel, here).

So, I decided to get Double Nostrils!

A couple weeks ago they sent out an order for titanium nose screws for me, with star ends, because I have a huge thing for stars. It feels like I've been waiting AGES for these to come in, and when I was emailing the apprentice on Monday to ask if they were coming in soon, he said "Uhm UPS tells me they are coming today!" and I've been ecstatic all week waiting for today, my first day off to go in and get it done.

I wasn't nervous until I was actually seated in the studio while they were autoclaving everything. They asked if we wanted coffee or water or something, the apprentice came over to check out my daith to make sure it was better than last week(And it is! yay!). Few minutes later, I was called into the room.

My piercers name was Six, and the apprentice(I imagine? He does some on his own, I know, but I see him observe and follow Six around a lot) was Alex. Six asked if I had any questions or concerns, I said nope! He replied with an "Aww, damnit." Then the marking began after he cleaned my nose. Loots of fondling my nose, pushing it up with his thumb by the edge, manipulating it, etc. He marked my left side first, which was fairly easy, but it was the right side and getting it to match the left that was intense. It turned into an intense staring contest. Mark, stare, erase. Manipulate, mark, stare, look down from above, stare from straight on, above again -- erase. My boyfiend says we were doing this for at least twenty minutes. On the millionth time swabbing my nose with cleaner Six goes, "Well, if anything, you're gonna have the cleanest nose, ever."

After many goes of marking and erasing, he had Alex look -- Alex looked from above, then from straight on, moved my head a bit, then declared one higher than the other -- and it began again. Marking, erasing. Finally Six goes "Okay, you look, it's your nose!" So I hopped up and looked, and I moved around in the mirror like they'd moved my head, and I said it looked great!

I sat back down and they pulled everything out. The recieving tube, the needle, a couple other tools I recognized and don't know the names of... and Six asked if I'm ready, and I said yes. Started with the right side. Warm receiving tube up my nose, and I could feel the tip of the needle touching my skin... I breathed in, and when I breathed out in went the needle. I swore, as I usually do when I get a piercing, just cause the profanity seems to let... something? tension? nervousness? out. I had my eyes closed the second the receiving tube went in my nose, so I couldn't see what he was doing but suddenly the screw was in and it was done. My eyes had watered and holy cow, once they stepped back from piercing my left side... instantly, my nose started to gush. Not bleed, just SUPER runny.

Six asked if I want round two, I said give me a second. I tend to get faint with piercings, so I didn't want to overload it and actually faint(I have done this once). I asked if they had something with sugar, and I got handed a lollipop. So that and a cup of water later, we went for round two on the other side. It was pretty much the same thing. It hurt more, but it was over faster. At some point Six says, "And it's double nostrils... with STARS," haha.

The second the jewellery was in, it stopped hurting. No pain at all, just a very runny nose. I got told the after care stuff, paid, and away my boyfriend and I went with my two new shinies. They didn't start to hurt until about ten minutes later or so. Yawning kind of sucks, so does snifflng or trying to wipe away snot. I'm already swelling, I think, cause the stars wont sit 'flat' against my skin.

I am ridiculously happy I did it, wish I'd done it sooner, but sooo worth the wait, still. A lot of people I know are gonna give me crap cause double nostrils are 'dumb looking' but I don't care, I looove them.

And, a picture! This is on the way home, about two hours later? Maybe a bit less. You can tell it's a bit swollen.

Last edited by Moonface; 10-05-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    10g first + 14g second lobes, right helix,
    left daith, right conch, paired nostrils,
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    industrial, septum, rook,
    third lobe, outer conch.

Ahhhh they look awesome!! Well done
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you!

I love them, and I keep looking in the mirror. But the one star sticking up is bugging me... I hope soaking later will settle it down against the skin. I'm also getting freaked about the swelling, not cause it's a lot -- I'm actually terrible at telling if I've swollen -- but cause I'm hoping to god thats why they look a little 'off', where the markings before the piercing looked more aligned.
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    third lobe, outer conch.

Double anything usually looks off at first because of swelling, even if it doesn't look swollen on the outside the inner tissue could well be rather swollen.

Am sure they're fine
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    Thank you!

I love them, and I keep looking in the mirror. But the one star sticking up is bugging me... I hope soaking later will settle it down against the skin. I'm also getting freaked about the swelling, not cause it's a lot -- I'm actually terrible at telling if I've swollen -- but cause I'm hoping to god thats why they look a little 'off', where the markings before the piercing looked more aligned.
    The way they're sitting will take a while to settle, you'll just have to wait for it to readjust. If they looked right at the mark up, really don't worry, your piercer sounds more than competent! They look lovely .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    The way they're sitting will take a while to settle, you'll just have to wait for it to readjust. If they looked right at the mark up, really don't worry, your piercer sounds more than competent! They look lovely .
    I hope so!

I've soaked it a few minutes ago to get any blood of I cant see and ended up with my phones flashlight app pointed up my nose with a qtip in the other hand trying to poke the screw-bend part back into my nose. *facepalm* It's not sore, even after all that, and the one side still sticks out funky but I took some IBU so hopefully overnight it'll help the swelling a bit.
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    third lobe, outer conch.

Still sore. Hurts to yawn, which sucks cause by the time 6pm rolls around I start yawning non-stop since I've been up since 5am. Work also sucks major, because I had so many hairy dogs to groom today and I kept accidentally trying to 'wipe' hair off my nose, and ended up smoking both sides of my nostril. Wearing a fabric mask doesn't help to keep hair off, cause the edge of the mask sits right over the piercing. Grr.

Managed to clean it tonight without smacking the screw ends out to cling to the rim of my nose. Also starting to crust a bit... I think it's still swollen, they still look uneven to me.

tumblr// facebook

have;
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    third lobe, outer conch.

They do look uneaven, bu the one on the left in the photo looks more swollen.

They do look a little uneven but as above it's because they're swollen, swelling can take a good week or 2 to go down fully.

Hope they settle for you! Also is that a Spider-man sweatshirt?
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast