Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ._.' I'm worried about my nose piercing...

Exclamation ._.' I'm worried about my nose piercing...

I haven't quite introduced myself yet, but perhaps I'll do that at a later time.

I got my double high nostrils done almost 5 months ago. Yesterday I was messing around with one of my nostril screws and as I'm sure you predicted... It fell out. Now, I usually mess with it but this is the first time it's fallen out. I panicked and tried putting it back in several times and it bled just a little bit(Probably because I was so shaky. Haha... :/), but my nose was swollen so it wasn't wanting to go back in. I temporarily replaced the jewelry with a normal earlobe stud, took some ibuprofen, and iced it until the swelling went down some. A few hours later I tried reinserting the jewelry again, and I got most of nostril screw in, but not all. By this time it was midnight. I cleaned my piercing and went to bed with a swollen, irritated nose, woke up, still a bit swollen. My nose piercing is still a little swollen and kind of a bit red. I've taken 3 ibuprofen... and am hoping for the best. I went down to my piercers shop... but it's labor day... and as I figured, his shop is closed for the day.

I'd post an image but apparently this forum has absurd posting qualifications...

Suggestions, reassurance, and/or any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking a look.

~V3X

Quote Originally Posted by V3X View Post
    I haven't quite introduced myself yet, but perhaps I'll do that at a later time.

I got my double high nostrils done almost 5 months ago. Yesterday I was messing around with one of my nostril screws and as I'm sure you predicted... It fell out. Now, I usually mess with it but this is the first time it's fallen out. I panicked and tried putting it back in several times and it bled just a little bit(Probably because I was so shaky. Haha... :/), but my nose was swollen so it wasn't wanting to go back in. I temporarily replaced the jewelry with a normal earlobe stud, took some ibuprofen, and iced it until the swelling went down some. A few hours later I tried reinserting the jewelry again, and I got most of nostril screw in, but not all. By this time it was midnight. I cleaned my piercing and went to bed with a swollen, irritated nose, woke up, still a bit swollen. My nose piercing is still a little swollen and kind of a bit red. I've taken 3 ibuprofen... and am hoping for the best. I went down to my piercers shop... but it's labor day... and as I figured, his shop is closed for the day.

I'd post an image but apparently this forum has absurd posting qualifications...

Suggestions, reassurance, and/or any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking a look.

~V3X
    I'm not sure what your question is! Are you looking for jewellery? Is there no single place near you open that sells it? If not then go to your piercer as soon as they're open and see if they can taper it back open for you and get a screw in there.

The irritation sounds totally normal considering what it's gone through. If you're worried about infection then look for the signs of it such as excessive pain, swelling above what you'd expect from it just being irritated, oozing smelly brown/green/dark yellow pus, hot to touch, very red looking and so on.

Hope you can get it sorted soon and welcome to the forum
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I'm not sure what your question is! Are you looking for jewellery? Is there no single place near you open that sells it? If not then go to your piercer as soon as they're open and see if they can taper it back open for you and get a screw in there.

The irritation sounds totally normal considering what it's gone through. If you're worried about infection then look for the signs of it such as excessive pain, swelling above what you'd expect from it just being irritated, oozing smelly brown/green/dark yellow pus, hot to touch, very red looking and so on.

Hope you can get it sorted soon and welcome to the forum
    "A few hours later I tried reinserting the jewelry again, and I got most of nostril screw in, but not all."
    Not really a question, but i guess what I'm trying to ask is...
    How do I properly get it back in? I've looked at videos, but I can't seem to get it in right, and I'm afraid to take it out. Should I wait until my piercer reopens the shop before I mess with it anymore? Is it infected? it's got some clear discharge, perhaps slightly slightly sliiightly yellow, but I think it's just from being irritated.
    :/ I can't upload a picture... Which would probably help you with my question... So I'm sorry. :(
    Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by V3X View Post
    "A few hours later I tried reinserting the jewelry again, and I got most of nostril screw in, but not all."
    Not really a question, but i guess what I'm trying to ask is...
    How do I properly get it back in? I've looked at videos, but I can't seem to get it in right, and I'm afraid to take it out. Should I wait until my piercer reopens the shop before I mess with it anymore? Is it infected? it's got some clear discharge, perhaps slightly slightly sliiightly yellow, but I think it's just from being irritated.
    :/ I can't upload a picture... Which would probably help you with my question... So I'm sorry. :(
    Thanks for your help.
    Practise makes perfect with screws, some people find them easy, some people find them literally impossible, it's really hard to explain how to get them in, especially in high nostrils.

Unless you have the signs of infection that I mentioned above then it's unlikely to be infected the clear/pale yellow discharge is simply from it being irritated. Have you nothing else at all you can keep in there overnight until the piercer is open again?

You can post a photo just miss the www or http off.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Just looks irritated to me, I'd head over to your piercer as soon as they are open tomorrow and get them to assist you. As for trying to get it in fully you could give it a go but that could risk more swelling and irritation, in fact the swelling could well be what's preventing it from sitting properly.

Thanks Hazel! I went back down today and he was just about to leave as soon as I arrived. Apparently because it was so swollen, it was caught on the cartilage. He took my jewelry out, altered it, put it back through.(: He thought it was going to take a while longer, and even mentioned possibly re-piercing it. o_o' But I was probably only on the chair for 7 minutes tops.

Oh, and he didn't mention anything about it being infected, but I'm just going to keep treating it as if I had just gotten it pierced. Just to be on the safe side. :)

Let this be a learning lesson for anyone who has a high nostril piercing.
    DON'T PLAY WITH YOUR PIERCING. :P
    (Atleast until you know for sure it's all healed.)

Thanks again for your input. :)
    Feeling pretty lucky and thankful right now.

You're more than welcome, glad you got it sorted out

I am glad it was all ok for you. I can't get the screws in at all & can only wear the L shape.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

glad it was all ok for you

Glad everything's ok, I couldn't work with screw studs so I use the hook ones and once I put them in I bend the bar whilst in my nose if that makes sense to make sure it's properly secure.
    Pierced: ears x3 (L + R), middle cartilage (L), nose (L)
    Want: tragus, double helix

Tattoos: ivy plant around ankle (R)
    Want: "All that is gold does not glitter" quote, dreamcatcher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast