Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stretched ears question

Default Stretched ears question

I currently have my lobes stretched to a 4gauge. I start school September 17. My school has a super strict
    dress code. Saying no jewelry in the ears. Should I leave my gauges in and just take the jewelry out for classes, would that cause it to shrink during that time? . Or should I take them out now and let them start shrinking back up, so I can keep my normal size piercing? Idk how this works so any help would be awesome!!

How long have you been at 4g and how long would they be out for? If you've been at that size for some time then they could very well be fine.

As for whether or not to let them close up, well only you can decide!

They may shrink right back down to normal but this again depends on how well you stretched them and how your body reacts which no one can predict really.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I have been at a 4 for about 5 months or so. for 6 months i'm going to be in class 7 hours a day 2 days a week, then after that i will be going 8 hours a day for 5 days a week..

Try leaving them out for an hour, then 2 then 3 etc see what happens, probably the only way you'll be able to tell. We can't guess what your ears will do sadly!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Good advice.. thank you, i will try that.. too bad i didn't think to do that :( hm

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Try leaving them out for an hour, then 2 then 3 etc see what happens, probably the only way you'll be able to tell. We can't guess what your ears will do sadly!
    This.

Slowly build up the amount of time you leave them out for. Do an oil massage and slide in a single-flare glass plug (smooth & round-ended ) cos they're easiest. Plugs are always easier to get back in when your lobes are warm, relaxed, and slippery :P

I started with my plugs out for the duration of a shower, oil rub and back in. Eventually used to leave them out for work, up to 12 hours a day. They did tighten up slightly, I struggled to get some of my bigger double-flared plugs in, but with the daily rest time and oil massages they were really very healthy .
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Ah, sounds like a plan.. one more question.. what kind of oil did you use?

I tend to alternate between jojoba oil and holey butt'r, but you can also use vitamin E oil, naked oil or bio-oil ... even olive oil in a pinch though I'd probably use a simple face moisturiser before resorting to olive oil. I've also heard of people using "lemony flutter" from Lush, coconut oil, almond oil, cocoa butter, shea butter ... Pretty much anything that's good for your skin will be good for your lobes.
    NOT vaseline/petroleum jelly cos it just hangs around collecting gunk.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Emu oil is good too

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Emu oil is good too
    Poor emu's haha. I like naked oil!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast