Thread: School-Gauges, piercings, and strict dress code.. HELP

Default School-Gauges, piercings, and strict dress code.. HELP

I'm starting school for a dental hygiene program this September.. They have a very strict dress code.. They said that we cannot have any earrings in... although i don't quite understand what earrings have to do with Dental Hygiene I'm not gonna fight it cause it is the rules and I'm very thankful to be in the program... But I didn't know if there was anyway around it.. I have my rook, snug, and my forward helix plus size 4 gauges.. Is there anyway that i could possibly get away with hiding the gauges..? the other ones I can hide them with clear jewelry.. but if i take out my gauges they are going to shrink back up.. I will have to be in school for 8 hours a day... and wearing my hair down is not an option, dress code says hair has to be all the way up... I understand that rule cause I would much rather have my hair up when I'm working rather than trying to work around my hair in my face.. any suggestions would be awesome! Thank you.

Sounds like you're probably not gonna get away with retainers. If your career is important, you may have to retire them. Sounds like you wouldn't be easily employed as a hygienest with mods too. There's always places to mod that they don't see
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Agree with the above, probably a case of you'll have to choose which is more important to you. Surely the reason they have is that they don't want parts of jewellery to be landing on/in the patient?

Otherwise you could ask them 2 things, why do they have to be removed and are there ever any exceptions, however I guess I've answered the 1st one above and the 2nd is likely to be no.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

You could try getting away with silicone hider plugs, or just leave your lobes naked for the day and wear plugs when off duty. Give them an oil rub and use single-flare glass.

No-jewellery rules suck, but sometimes there are valid reasons. If there is a valid reason for not allowing jewellery (like the dreaded health & safety) then don't retainer them - just take them out.
    If it's purely for appearances, see how you go with retainers.

I can sympathise, I've worked as a supermarket baker a couple of times and there's no jewellery allowed there for obvious reasons. I took all my earrings out for work and put them all back in after although if I was set on baking as a permanent career, I'd probably have retired everything except my stretches. (they can handle it)

Time to look at your priorities I'm afraid.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Also, my rook has been pierced for 3 years...think it is ok to leave out with out a retainer or anything in it with out it healing up?

Also, my rook has been pierced for 3 years...think it is ok to leave out with out a retainer or anything in it with out it healing up?

^ there's one way to find out

If you're going to be taking it in & out every day you might want to invest in an insertion pin and/or internally threaded jewellery. Or wear a ring in it.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue