Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My VCH (or "DCH") diary

Default My VCH (or "DCH") diary

Long post inbound! Sorry, but I think detail is what makes multiple diaries on the same piercing worth reading, no?

I made a fairly impulse decision late this week to get my VCH done by the only local piercer I trust to do genital piercings. Betty Ann at Icon Tattoo (Nashville, TN) also did my conch, is very easy to chat with and always makes me feel very comfortable. I'd met her about a month ago to have her look at my anatomy and talk to me about suitability of various genital piercings, I returned one week later for my conch, and dropped by again tonight.

Before I was able to even get into my car and make the drive to Icon, my mom had asked me what I was getting pierced. I didn't really know what to say, as she'd already guessed: navel, facial, oral, ears, nipples, and I said no to all of them. She finally guessed my genitals and I gave a reluctant, "maybe..." She said I shouldn't do it, of course, and as I was walking out the door, she said, "think long and carefully." This irked me. I thought to myself, uh, yeah Mom, I already have. I've been doing research for over a month and am going to someone I trust. I'm not an idiot. She said this in front of my Dad so naturally he was going to ask her what she meant.

So 5 minutes later I'm in the car, on my way and my Dad calls me. "Stephanie, if you get delicate parts"--lol just say "genitals"--"pierced and you get infected, I'm not paying for antibiotics." This didn't bother me, and I told him that this decision was none of his business, and that frankly I was angry Mom told him. Did she not stop for one second to think that that might not be something I want him to know--or that he needs to know? He claimed it "was his business because he's paying for my education." Yeah, a VCH piercing has nothing to do with my education. If I was going out blowing all my money drinking at bars while off at school, that would be an understandable complaint. I'm 22 years old. I got off the phone and resolved just not to tell my Mom when I'm getting pierced anymore. I told her out of respect and because I thought I could trust her judgment not to blab this. But if she couldn't even be considerate enough to stop and think "maybe her father doesn't need to know this," then she doesn't need to know when or what I'm getting pierced. I hadn't even planned on telling her it was my genitals, but she guessed it and it didn't seem right to lie.

So anyway. Fuming a little bit, I drove to pick up my best friend, Blake, who was going for moral support, and we drove to Icon. When picking out jewelry I asked, "so, you pierce with a curved barbell, right?" and she informed me she uses straight barbells. I was a bit confused by this, as I thought they usually used curved or J-curved barbells for VCH piercings, but she said something about the jewelry turning and I accepted it. Especially with my asymmetrical shape, this makes enough sense, I suppose. Are straight barbells "normal" starting jewelry for this? I can always get different jewelry if this straight one doesn't do it for me. Anyway, I ended up picking out a pretty little orange gemstone to go on top. Then after she finished cleaning up her piercing station in the back, I headed back there with her and Blake.

She told me to undress and lay back on the padded table, which was a bit awkward with my legs hanging off the end. I asked her how she wanted me to lay, she said "whatever's comfortable," and ended up pulling out a tray that I could rest my feet on. I also confirmed she was using a needle receiving tube, since I've read that that's very important. I noted that my ears and face felt very hot, and figured it was probably nervous energy or something. Blake turned the fan in the room on me to help.

After I was comfortable, she marked me up, handed me a mirror so I could see where the jewelry would go. She asked if I was ready and I said yes, and nervously added, "just make sure you're telling me when you're doing it!" and we all kind of laughed. I didn't want any surprises. :x But boy, did I get one. When she pushed the needle through - YOWCH. Some people report feeling little or no pain, and say their ear lobes hurt worse. Not this girl! I squeezed Blake's hand very hard, let out a savage "ahhh!" and my hips jumped a little. It really hurt and I think I scared poor Blake a little, haha. Then I immediately said, "sorry! Did I move too much? Did I mess you up?" She said I was fine, and by the time those couple of seconds had passed, all I felt was a faint sting. She cleaned me off, and gave me the mirror to see it for myself. I got dressed, paid and added a nice tip, thanked Betty Ann, and we went on our way.

Now, why call it "DCH"? Well, my vulva isn't an area I routinely or intensely inspect (not with my eyes anyway...), so after Betty Ann was all finished giving me my new jewelry, it became apparent just how slanted my hood is. The bar actually goes at an angle like this: \ even though it goes straight through the middle of the hood. Gives it character I guess? Figures after looking at hundreds of VCH pics online, mine is the only diagonal one I've seen. Either I'm a very special snowflake, or other "crooked" girls just don't feel comfortable enough to show theirs. Hopefully with my prominent outer labia "shielding" it, there won't be problems with them putting pressure on the piercing due to the angle. I found my labia were quite useful in cushioning the new piercing right after the procedure with things such as sitting down into my car, and driving over speed bumps. They should also help protect it when I'm able to go back to riding horses, well after the piercing's healed. "Valley" shape for the win!

Also, if the panty liner I wore is any indication, I didn't bleed at all, or maybe just right after she stuck the jewelry in and wiped it off. Surprising, given how vascular that area is and how much my conch bled! After experiencing this, I must say I'm even more scared of doing my nipples - but I'm going to do it. I love my breasts and want to decorate them, and up the sensitivity. That will probably come in December, once these two piercings have had some time to heal and once I'm back in the Nashville area.

Now, about 4 hours later, I barely even feel it there. But I love looking at it, slant and all. Still making sure to be careful getting in and out of cars, crossing my legs, and so on.

Another thing: She said something about "normally you don't see the bottom ball." Is this true? I swear every photo I've seen shows both ends of the barbell, but I just double checked and my bottom one is indeed up under the hood. But she also did say it was indeed long enough for swelling. Maybe my hood is really deep? Dunno. Should I consider getting longer jewelry in a couple of weeks?
    Edit: Just managed to slip the bottom ball back out into sight fairly easily. I'll see how it behaves.

Thanks for reading, and I'll keep you all posted :o
    Last edited by Sneferie; 08-19-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Interesting read I've been considering this piercing lately so its always interesting to read other people's experiences first.
    I'm sorry about the thing with your parents! I agree, its not something she should have told your father really...especially when technically you didn't have to tell her at all, you were just trying to do the right thing and tell the truth. And the thing about school...that would piss me off too because yeah...it really has NOTHING to do with that. Education and this piercing (well piercings in general, really) are in no way connected. Oh well, hopefully you don't hear anything else about it from them and they just move on lol.

Sounds like you had a pretty good experience but sorry it hurt so bad!! I've been reading that they really shouldn't hurt that much unless done wrong and are stabbed through your clitoris...are you sure it was done right? I mean, I know everyone's different though, so maybe you just happen to have had a more painful piercing than others, but I just thought I'd ask to make sure!

As for your questions...sorry I'm going to be pretty useless there haha I don't know any answers for them :P
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Straight bars are used in a very small number of cases, why she uses them routinely is a worry/mystery to me.

Being diagonal doesn't sound right either.

There's no reason why the bottom ball should be so high up.

My advice? Get a 2nd opinion by showing/sending a pic to another piercer just to make sure.

Other than that I hope it actually is fine and it heals well for you but I'd take the above advice.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by spudkissed View Post
    Sounds like you had a pretty good experience but sorry it hurt so bad!! I've been reading that they really shouldn't hurt that much unless done wrong and are stabbed through your clitoris...are you sure it was done right? I mean, I know everyone's different though, so maybe you just happen to have had a more painful piercing than others, but I just thought I'd ask to make sure!
    That's okay, I have a pretty low pain tolerance and I guess I was taken a bit off guard after reading so many diaries saying it didn't hurt. With regard to it only hurting for a couple of seconds while the needle and jewelry go through, that was my experience--those couple of seconds were just very intense pain! And thanks for the concern, but I think I'm alright... if it went through my clitoris I definitely would have known it XD Don't let it discourage you or anything. Like I said, it's just a second or two, and I always think those couple of seconds of pain are well worth it for a piercing you love

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Straight bars are used in a very small number of cases, why she uses them routinely is a worry/mystery to me.

Being diagonal doesn't sound right either.

There's no reason why the bottom ball should be so high up.

My advice? Get a 2nd opinion by showing/sending a pic to another piercer just to make sure.

Other than that I hope it actually is fine and it heals well for you but I'd take the above advice.
    Thanks for your advice.

That's what I thought regarding straight barbells. I'm hoping it's okay since the piercing site for a VCH is so thin. Theoretically when it heals, curved jewelry should be pretty easy to switch to?

Upon second examination, it isn't actually that crooked; I guess it points "North by Northwest" rather than "Northwest" like I'd originally thought.

And about the bottom ball, I was able to fish it out into sight, but it tends to go back into "hiding" again after a while. Think that might have to do with the fact that it's straight jewelry, since it's also pretty long (3/4" which I think is 19mm).

Even though my experience was a little different than what I expected, I really love this piercing already and hope I won't have to have it redone (besides the fact that I found it painful and expensive haha)! However, I'll heed your advice and get a second opinion.

I have another question for people with VCH's: how do you guys go about shopping for jewelry for it? Shopping online, I find it difficult enough to find Titanium J-curves, let alone jewelry in the gauge and length I need. Mostly I've been looking at navel jewelry but often it's way shorter than what I have.
    Last edited by Sneferie; 08-19-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"

I don't see why you'd need a j-curve either, some people use them for extra stimulation once healed but not as initial jewellery.

Curved barbells are used 95% of the time, straight bars 5% of the time as jewellery is anatomy dependant hence why I'm really confused as to why she uses straight all the time seeing as roughly 95% of people will not be anatomically suited to having one.

I'd still get another opinion from another piercer as to what jewellery you need to be using.

I personally wore standard barbells in mine and once healed sometimes wore navel style barbells with the larger fixed ball on the end. The end never sat right under my hood but I suppose that's preference, just watch out if you have any swelling as it could cause problems if the bar is too short.

What gauge do you have in there now?
    Last edited by Boo; 08-19-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

19mm?!?! Is it me, or is that extremely long? Most people I know have 8-12mm. Hmm. I would say try and change it to a curved barbell, also take pictures if possible, as it's not a good place for you to see. I'd echo Hazel's advice of getting a second opinion though.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Sorry just seen 19mm that sounds crazy. I'd get someone to look at it stat and make sure it's been done right :/

Here's some info on VCH's and how they're supposed to look.

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I don't see why you'd need a j-curve either, some people use them for extra stimulation once healed but not as initial jewellery. Curved barbells are used 95% of the time, straight bars 5% of the time as jewellery is anatomy dependant hence why I'm really confused as to why she uses straight all the time seeing as roughly 95% of people will not be anatomically suited to having one. I'd still get another opinion from another piercer as to what jewellery you need to be using. I personally wore standard barbells in mine and once healed sometimes wore navel style barbells with the larger fixed ball on the end. The end never sat right under my hood but I suppose that's preference, just watch out if you have any swelling as it could cause problems if the bar is too short.What gauge do you have in there now?
    About the J-curve, yeah I had that in mind for later on, not for right away.

tbh I don't really know of anyone else locally who's experienced with genital piercing, so Elayne Angel it is, I suppose. Maybe she'll publish me and you all will be able to see some photos.

The jewelry is a 14-gauge. Dang, didn't realize it was that long compared to what others have! I mean it seemed long, but looking at it on me, it almost seems too short, what with the bottom ball not always being visible. Again, it might have to do with the fact that it's straight, rather than curving upward. Or maybe my anatomy is just freakish. :x
    I'll contact her and update you guys.

As for how it's feeling - aside from feeling like I have a small piece of metal between my labia, I barely know it's there. It feels really, really nice to just have something small and sturdy there. So again, I hope I won't have to have it redone! Dx Other than that, a bit tender to the touch, but that's to be expected less than 24 hours later. Most movements don't provoke it, though I do feel it a little when I bend over.

14g is fine ofc. Yeah just email Elayne, she will ask permission if she wants to publish you or not. I find 19mm to be possibly excessive and the use of straight before assessment a concern but fingers crossed it's ok.

I think I had 12mm initial jewellery in mine and once healed I went down to 8mm which still peeked out under my hood. After all the membrane it's going through an only be 1-2mm thick really but it may be the way you are built, we're all different after all!

Let us know what she says!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneferie View Post
    That's okay, I have a pretty low pain tolerance and I guess I was taken a bit off guard after reading so many diaries saying it didn't hurt. With regard to it only hurting for a couple of seconds while the needle and jewelry go through, that was my experience--those couple of seconds were just very intense pain! And thanks for the concern, but I think I'm alright... if it went through my clitoris I definitely would have known it XD Don't let it discourage you or anything. Like I said, it's just a second or two, and I always think those couple of seconds of pain are well worth it for a piercing you love
    Haha ok I was just making sure and thought I'd put that out there...its surprising (and sad) how many women have no idea what's going on down there on their own bodies and some actually think that's how its supposed to be done, so like I said, just making sure!! For the sake of your poor clitoris haha. (oh geez, I hope that doesnt sound creepy)
    And don't worry, I'm not discouraged at all
    The pain I feel for piercings seems to always be the opposite of what's "common" anyway...and its ALWAYS worse than I think it's going to be regardless haha....siiiiigh. And like you said, its only for a second or two anyway so unless I have to have something done more than once, its usually over before you really realize exactly how much it hurt :p and yes, most times its worth it!

Ok so now I have a question about Elayne Angel. I understand she probably does know how to pierce a VCH perfectly...but she's always going on about how the piercing is mostly to enhance sensation, make sex incredible, heighten sensitivity, etc. I thought that was untrue? It seems most of the more knowledgeable members on this forum are very quick to correct people who state increased sensitivity as a reason they want the piercing, yet the same people are also very quick to recommend and talk-up Elayne. But if she's always pushing this false notion...I don't know...I just don't get it. I don't understand why someone so quick to inform someone of what is right, would also be so quick to recommend someone who teaches the opposite.
    This isn't meant to be a jab at anyone, I'm genuinely curious. (I've seen many different people do it, but Hazel's post just reminded me I've been meaning to ask about this. ) Maybe I'm missing something?
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast