Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I can now safely take my tragus stud out for sport but getting it back in is so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by AWMedia View Post
    Well I tried that but I just find it impossible to get it into the hole from the back, it's hard enough from the front to be honest!

Are we sure there isn't a way of doing this and if there isn't, can we invent one now??? There must be a way, I was thinking maybe with some kind of thread which you put through from the front and then attach it to the post and pull that back through...there must be a way!
    Get a piercer or friend to help you?

Honestly it can take time and patience to do something like that, it's why I don't change the jewellery in mine very often.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    There are insertion pins that screw to the jewellery ... but that obviously won't work with threadless. Best you can do is butt it up against it.
    Try closing your eyes and doing it purely by feel. A bit of lube might help as well.
    I could always change the type of jewellery, any idea where I can get one of these insertion pins online?

Well, I went to my piercer again and they put it in but they told me the piercing has been done at the wrong angle so it is practically impossible for me to put it in myself through the back.

I now have a dilemma because I know I'll need to keep taking it out for sports and don't really want to keep going back to my piercer to put it in every week! How about the thread idea? could I not put some cotton thread through the hole from the front, then tie it onto the post, pull the post through and then untie it???? Or is that a crazy idea????

Yes that's a crazy idea.

Have a search for "threaded insertion pin".
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Well, I've got the insertion pin but it starts at 1.2mm which is the right size for my piercing but the pin gets bigger, so I can't put it through far enough for it to help me in any way...is it possible to get insertion pins which stay at 1.2mm?

Otherwise, I'm still racking my brains but I'm starting to feel like I may have to sacrifice this piercing, I know I'll have to keep taking it out for sports but if it's going to be a pain getting it back in again every time, I think it might be best just to leave it.

I'll try the 1.2mm insertion pin if it exists though? Anyone know where I can get one in the UK?

what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Ah, thanks! I've ordered the 1mm, hoping to push it through, somehow attach the post onto the end through my ear and pull the post back through.

I think this is my last hope!

Thanks,

Alex

Well.........I can't believe it but I did it!!! The insertion pin worked a treat, I put it through my tragus, then bent it round slightly to get the neometal post on the end which fitted snug. Then pulling from one side and pushing from the other, it went through smoothly, I took the insertion pin out and popped the neometal end in.

So, after all that trial and error and ordering different things, I solved it!!! Hopefully this forum post saves other people that effort in future, here's what I needed below...

Neometal - Threadless Labret POST 16g
    Neometal - 1/8" 16g end

From...

http://www.bodyartforms.com/products.asp?keywords=neometal&button=Search&Recor dDisplay=&Filter=Yes

1mm insertion pin

From...

http://www.piercedandmodified.co.uk/Individual-1mm-10mm-Insertion-Pins-includes-7mm-9mm-Tapers!-show-1606.html

Thanks for your help guys! I can now take it in and out for sport with no problems.

Alex

Have you been left with anything you don't need? We have a classified section on here where you can sell your items. Glad it all worked out in the end!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Can you put a retainer in the the hole instead of taking it out. Your lucky it doesn't close my industrial closed so quickly when it came out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345