Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I can now safely take my tragus stud out for sport but getting it back in is so hard!

Default I can now safely take my tragus stud out for sport but getting it back in is so hard!

Hi all, I had my tragus pierced with a stud a year ago now, I recently did my football coaching badges so had to take it out to pass! I've had it out for the last 2 days now and the hole hasn't closed which is good! However I can't get the stud back in permanently...I have put it in through the front but it's impossible to get the ball bearing on that way but then it's also impossible to get the stud in through the back. I know I have to go to my piercer and sure they'll do it for me but with my coaching, I'll have to take it out quite regularly, so I really want to learn to get it in and out myself. I know I've posted about this before but I still can't find a solution, can anyone suggest a way I can do this? If there was such thing as a tragus stud with a butterfly back, I think I would manage with that but it doesn't seem to exist. I have managed to get a hoop in myself but my piercing is quite high and a hoop doesn't sit well, I really want a stud.

Any suggestions hugely welcome.

Thanks,

AWM

Have a look at the Neometal threadless system - bit more pricey than pushfit bioplast (which could be an option) but very high quality and reportedly very secure too. Plus no threads to ream out your fistula with.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Just had a look, that looks suitable, any idea if I can buy in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by AWMedia View Post
    Just had a look, that looks suitable, any idea if I can buy in the UK?
    I don't think there's anywhere in the UK that sells them, postage on BAF isn't that expensive anyhoo and you'll usually get your item(s) in around a week or so, maybe a little longer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Cool, so I'm just looking on the BAF website and I want to make sure I order the right one, which would you suggest?

At the moment I have a 1.2mm gauge black ball stud with 8mm length.

Cool, so I'm just looking on the BAF website and I want to make sure I order the right one, which would you suggest?

At the moment I have a 1.2mm gauge black ball stud with 8mm length.
    Get a 1.2mmx8mm labret and whatever end you feel you want in it! I only get the 1mm ones for my nose and have a star, an opal, a flat disc and a clear gem in mine all 1.5mm except the star which I think is 2.5mm.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hey, thanks for your advice! Just placed the order, let's hope it works.

Hey, so I receieved my order but I'm a bit confused, this is what I ordered...

1 | Threadless ball end1/8" Polish14g
    1 | Threadless ball end for straight jewelry1/8" Polish16g
    1 | Threadless mini-disks1.5mm disk (high polish)18g
    1 | Threadless ball end for straight jewelry1/8" Dark blue16g

I have the ball ends but no-where to put them? What do I need to order now?

Thanks for your help,

AWM

Thanks for your help,

AWM
    You've just ordered ends, you need to order the labret itself.

Thanks for your help,

AWM
    You only ordered the ends?! Why didn't you order a post as well?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast