Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me if my idea is rubbish or not

Default Tell me if my idea is rubbish or not

Right ive been playing around with some A clockwork orange tattoo ideas.
    I already want a tattoo of the tunnel scene at the beggining of the movie. But i also want a quote of some sort. I found one in the book. Its where Alex comes home after his treatment.

' 'All Right' I said, standing in all like tears. 'I know how things are now. Nobody wants or loves me. Ive suffered and suffered and suffered and everybody wants me to go on suffering, i know'

This quote reminds me of when i was very ill with depression. I never said these things to anyone but it relates to how i felt inside quite alot of the time.

Is it a daft concept??
    Got:
    7mm Conch Punch
    Left nostril
    Stretched lobes 25mm
    VCH
    Helix
    L&R Outer Conches
    Dermal Anchor
    Medusa
    Septum

Retired:
    1x helix
    2 x second lobes
    Navel
    Tongue
    Frowny
    Smiley

Want:
    conch punch

Tattoo's x 6

Of course it's not, it's personal to you and has meaning that you like and can relate to. That's all that matters!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thankyou Was watching the film today and got the book out to look at the quote. Do you think it will look ok with the full quote like that. Im not sure of what script i want it in atm though. I sort of dont want to go for the normal script but im not sure what i do want
    Got:
    7mm Conch Punch
    Left nostril
    Stretched lobes 25mm
    VCH
    Helix
    L&R Outer Conches
    Dermal Anchor
    Medusa
    Septum

Retired:
    1x helix
    2 x second lobes
    Navel
    Tongue
    Frowny
    Smiley

Want:
    conch punch

Tattoo's x 6

Tbh I that whole quote is a bit much. I'd cut it down to just "I know how things are now"
    Bit more concise/subtle. Enigmatic even :P I'm not sure I can explain what I mean but it feels right.

Just my opinion
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I agree it's a lot of words but it will depend on how big you're going, if the quote is going to be prominent or not, it could be well incorporated into the background of an image, maybe even not in it's entirety. An artist will be able to explain it better than me but I personally wouldn't have a lot of words in 1 tattoo. Also consider wisely what font to have it in so it doesn't look messy and of course get an artist that's excellent at script and realism.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

'I know how things are now. Nobody wants or loves me. Ive suffered and suffered and suffered and everybody wants me to go on suffering, i know' This is the main part that has meaning tbh, id have loved to have the whole thing ideally but if people dont think it would work.

Il have it as big as it needs to be for it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas of fonts you think would look nice??
    Got:
    7mm Conch Punch
    Left nostril
    Stretched lobes 25mm
    VCH
    Helix
    L&R Outer Conches
    Dermal Anchor
    Medusa
    Septum

Retired:
    1x helix
    2 x second lobes
    Navel
    Tongue
    Frowny
    Smiley

Want:
    conch punch

Tattoo's x 6

I agree that it's too wordy, but the general concept is lovely. If you want to get as much in as possible, maybe just do 'I've suffered and suffered and suffered and everybody wants me to keep suffering, I know'.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Thanks Its been a very hard few years for me, this quote makes me realise there is light at the end of my tunnel
    Got:
    7mm Conch Punch
    Left nostril
    Stretched lobes 25mm
    VCH
    Helix
    L&R Outer Conches
    Dermal Anchor
    Medusa
    Septum

Retired:
    1x helix
    2 x second lobes
    Navel
    Tongue
    Frowny
    Smiley

Want:
    conch punch

Tattoo's x 6

If you want the whole quote, I think you should tell your artist that, but let them know that if need be, you are willing to shorten it, but let them know what the part you HAVE to have is. Like, "Ideally, if it can be done I want this whole quote. If it makes more sense to shorten it, I'm ok with that, but '_________' has to be there no matter what."
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Thanksyou for that! Im going to contact him now. I hope to get this done soon but im at leeds fest, i can always book it for after!
    Got:
    7mm Conch Punch
    Left nostril
    Stretched lobes 25mm
    VCH
    Helix
    L&R Outer Conches
    Dermal Anchor
    Medusa
    Septum

Retired:
    1x helix