Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pierced Tongue!

I changed mine myself after 2 weeks, my tongue was getting really achy, as was the bar rubbing on the roof of my mouth - I could never have coped with 4 weeks!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Think it was 10 days for me and then again about a week after that. 4 weeks is nuts imo.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I think when I had my tongue pierced 3 years ago I was told to wait 2 weeks maybe to downsize? I couldn't eat solid food for the whole first week, so was stuck on slim fast shakes with added nutrients and soups. Also my Mum was nice enough to take the time to mash and squeeze all my dinners into liquid form for me, didn't look very appetising but when you just have soup and milkshakes all day, anything with a different flavour is inviting. I felt like crap as well cus I was studying for my A Levels at the same time on a liquid diet with relationship troubles. Not fun I can assure you. Bread was heavenly once I could eat again. In my experience the tongue heals incredibly fast, but even so it is definitely better to wait a couple months to change it frequently just to be sure. I also still have a crater just behind the top end but it doesn't bug me. The long bar was a nightmare once the swelling went down and I could feel it more, 2 weeks seems better than 3 :/ Also if you find that you bite it a lot or it knocks your teeth you should probably try bioplast or acrylic tops, your dentist won't like it if you bite it a lot and damage your teeth!
    Also when I had the secretions starting, I just wiped away any loose excess, but if it was more solid and seemed attached to my tongue still I left it the hell alone til it was ready to come off.

Hey guys,

Sorry for not replying sooner. It was coming towards the end of my dissertation. It's all handed in now! YAY! So I went to Cold Steel yesterday and they changed it for me 4 and a half weeks after I originally got it! I noticed a huge difference in my tongue from when I went back a couple of weeks ago to when I went yesterday. The indentation on my tongue is a lot smaller and before I used to have grooves on the side of my tongue from my teeth which is also largely gone.

I got it replaced from a 16mm bar to a 12mm bar. The bottom ball is either 4mm or 3mm and the top ball is 5mm. O.M.G. I cannot DESCRIBE the comfort! I love it so much more now! I'll upload a picture for you to see later.
    Why are piercings so addictive?

Currently have:
    3 x lobe piercings
    1 nose piercing
    Double helix piercing (LHS)
    VCH
    Tongue

Retired:
    Navel

Want:

Navel

I loved my tongue piercing. I had to take it out once for surgery, and had it redone. THen had to take it out again for my job. Wish I still had it sometimes. Watch out for biting it instead of your food sometimes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234