Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pierced Tongue!

Yep less is more, I only used mouthwash once a day for about 5 days with mine then did nothing else extra with it and it healed fine. Most problems occur with tongue piercings when people mess with them too much.

16mm is teeny, you must have a skinny tongue haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah I was really surprised when she said she was going to use a 16mm. I had read up on it so much and pretty much everything pointed to people getting pierced with a 20 or a 22mm. It's insane just how varying people's advice is. 'Don't eat' 'Eat as normal' 'Don't have dairy' 'Eat ice cream' 'Always use mouthwash for up to two weeks' 'Don't overdo the mouthwash'
    Why are piercings so addictive?

Currently have:
    3 x lobe piercings
    1 nose piercing
    Double helix piercing (LHS)
    VCH
    Tongue

Retired:
    Navel

Want:

Navel

Day 5:

I have stopped using mouthwash as Redraven suggested because it actually started hurting my gums. The swelling had gone down A LOT and it wasn't hurting as much! Still a bit iffy when I eat but we're getting there. I had something citrusy - it was a tad painful but okay in the end. Whenever I feel pain it's in one half of my tongue or on the tip. It feels like I have an ulcer.

I have a really long tongue that I can stretch out really far. I used to be able to pick my nose with my tongue. Now I'm worries I can never do that again! Hehe

This is a 16mm bar. I think I can downsize to a 12 or 10mm bar eventually.

Day 6:

The long bar is driving me insane. I feel like the piercing wiggles around a lot. Apart from that it's exactly the same as before.

Currently have:
    3 x lobe piercings
    1 nose piercing
    VCH
    Tongue

Retired:
    Navel

Want:

Navel

Make sure you get it downsized in a few days so any irritation is lessened. Glad it's going well for you!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I would love to downsize but the piercer said to come back in three weeks! So another 2 to go!

Currently have:
    3 x lobe piercings
    1 nose piercing
    VCH
    Tongue

Retired:
    Navel

Want:

Navel

Quote Originally Posted by Smysha View Post
    I would love to downsize but the piercer said to come back in three weeks! So another 2 to go!
    That's ridiculous, can you go to another piercer to get it downsized? 3 weeks is far too long and you'll do nothing but irritate the piercing, you want to be getting it changed after about 10 days or so, 21 days is far too long.

Hazel, I'd rather stick with Julie. She's pierced me before and Cold Steel have a fantastic reputation. Her reasoning was that it's better to change it after the piercing has healed a bit and gotten stronger so as not to disturb the fistula. Remember my bar isn't long - only 16mm - so the amount of free space is limited.

Day 7:

I've realise that the reason one half of my tongue is sore is because I've got about 3/4 ulcers forming in a line on that side. These are the dangers of overdoing the mouthwash people! Otherwise the piercing is going great. It hurts to poke my tongue out to take the picture though!

Currently have:
    3 x lobe piercings
    1 nose piercing
    VCH
    Tongue

Retired:
    Navel

Want:

Navel

Julie is highly recommended yes but 3 weeks it ridiculous imo, there's no need for it. Just my opinion.

Ah man, wish I'd never retired mine :-/ Looks so coooooool
    I have.......
    Tongue, Nostril, Horizontal Nipples,
    In each ear......Daith, Lobe, Tragus, Anti tragus, Rook
    Retired Piercing: Labret

Feel free to add me on failbook.

Thank you Sarah! I love it so much.

Hazel, I'll pop into Cold Steel on Wednesday to see what they think of it. Unfortunately I won't be able to do it any sooner. :(

Day 12:

Not much to report. My 4 ulcers had disappeared and I've been eating fine. I had an ice cream today and it felt weird having this metal thing drag along while I was licking it. My tongue looks a bit thick in that picture but I think it's just the angle. The long length isn't bothering me much probably because I never got a long bar put in in the first place.

Could anyone please tell me what the overall healing time is? Like how long do I have to wait to change the balls around? I'm not sure what size the ball I am wearing is but I've been looking online and you can buy smaller balls and I was wondering if they are able to thread onto the same bar.

Currently have:
    3 x lobe piercings
    1 nose piercing
    VCH
    Tongue

Retired:
    Navel

Want:

Navel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast