Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top of breast piercing? Heeeelllppp?

Default Heeeelllppp?

Hey you guys!
    I posted here quite a while back and ending up getting my first micro dermal on my sternum about 2 inches above my cleavage. Needless to say I thought it was a little off, so I had the piercer take it out. Thank God, because days later I had an MRI/CT Scan on super short notice. While I was there the nurses made it very clear that anything metal would need to be removed and unfortunately, most dermals (not all) end up needing to be removed by a professional. So that's a little background on why I'm a bit wary of getting another dermal(s).
    I have been thinking about another piercing(s) that I have been wanting for quite some time now. I have a link to a picture of a girl who seems to be the only person on Google (That I can find at least) with this type of piercing. I'll post a link to the picture. I'll also describe it to ya'll just in case you guys can't see it or I can't upload it.
    It's kinda weird to describe but here goes.... The piercings are on top of the breasts (Not upper chest) on both sides. More towards the cleavage in sort of a diagonal manner.
    I have done endless research online and see that most people and articles are saying that Surface Bars are the way to go instead of straight barbells(?) (Long day at work, please forgive me if I'm off on my lingo lol). I have a few questions about them.
    For example, can I completely remove a surface bar like I would a navel ring if I wanted to go off a diving board? Can I get this type of jewelry in White Gold? Does anyone have any reputable websites they could pass to me? Also, if you guys understand how I'm describing the piercing or are able to view the picture, do you think long curved barbells would be better since I know I could remove those if I needed to? I understand that there is a high rejection rate and that this could be a great waste of money as well as the fact that if the piercing doesn't reject or migrate that I would still need to wait quite some time before changing the piercing, if I am even able to change the piercing.
    Please help you guys?! Thoughts, opinions and experiences are all welcome. Thank you to anyone and everyone who reply, you guys helped me before, I am hoping that I can get some great advice again.
    Last edited by jnatzm22; 11-30-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Are you sure those are bars and not MDs? Only surface bars should be used in surface piercings. They're not designed to be taken out/in really and doing so will likely trigger rejection quickly. Why do you want a white gold bar when you can't see the bar at all? You'll want it to be made from titanium which is bio compatible. If you want some pretty ends then look on BAF, Anotmetal do some lovely ones.

Using curved barbells will do nothing but leave you with 2 big scars when they start to reject badly.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

RedRaven!
    Thanks for replying, I remember you helping me my last go round. To answer your question, I actually do not know if they are micro dermals or surface piercings :(. The same advice has been echoing in my head about surface bars and piercings, which it makes complete sense. Titanium seems like a good idea as well. I'll check out BAF & Anotmetal.
    My only reason for even thinking twice about barbells was because of my whole MRI incident. I have spoke with my doctors and they don't see a need for another MRI or any type of other screening that would require me to remove metal, so that's a good sign. I'm just a bit paranoid, lol. My thoughts about Dermals are still iffy though. Like what if you get into a car accident and they need to be removed? Will the doctors know? Well they would be visible if they didn't get ripped out from the impact of a car accident and I'm sure they would use any means necessary to remove them. Or what if you randomly decide"Hey I want to white water rafting!". I had the thought process that for barbells, once the piercing healed(Like a navel piercing would) if it didn't reject then maybe you could remove it for a couple hours so it wouldn't get ripped out? Sorry for rambling or sounded hard headed I'm just really trying to think this piercing through.
    Current Piercings: Navel & Two Sternum Surface Piercings
    Retired Piercings
    : Eyebrow & Tongue
    Future Piercings: [?]

Doctors would be able to remove MD's in a flash, they'd possibly struggle with surface bars though!

If your lifestyle is such that you're into extreme sports then I wouldn't recommend any piercing in that area. Or you could just cover them for the duration of the activity.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

That is true.
    I didn't mean to throw you off, to be honest I'm not into ANY sports lol. I just thought welllll what if I ever had the notion? Although your idea of covering them seems legit lol. Do you recommend the dermals over the surface bars then? Do you think for example if I got the piercings now, and everything went smooth, that by this upcoming summer I could go off of a diving board? Like I said I am not in any extreme sports but a diving board would be fun in the summer. I'm just terrified at the thought that I could rip them out. :( Another silly question, rollercoasters wouldn't rip them out would they? I do like roller coasters . Do you think the girl has dermals? I've found a few more pictures of her but I just can't figure out if they are dermals! It's going to be the death of me. lol
    Retired Piercings

They look like them to me and tbh it would be a wiser option, diving would be fine as would a rollercoaster but your piercer will be able to advise you better based on your anatomy and where exactly you'd want them placing. Also make sure they are highly proficient with dermals.

Oh RedRaven, what would us people do with out you? Thank you so much! Would you happen to have a link or a recommendation as to what type of dermal to get? I see on Anatometal that there are a few different shapes of the foot?

Finding some one around these parts is hard. Alot of piercers around here seem to have the attitude that either your going to get pierced by them or not. They don't really seem interested in taking the time to explain a few different things to you. Atleast the person who did my first dermal. Bleh.
    Retired Piercings

Your piercer should be the one who buys them in. Try finding someone better. Are you from the states? If so the APP has a list of APP accredited piercers you could see if there is one near you?

Thank you, yes I am from the states. I checked the APP website. Theres only one in the entire state. Thankfully it's only 2 hours away but it's just crazy how many shops are around the street and down the corner doing these piercings with no type of accredidation. Including the one I went to.:(
    Retired Piercings

2 hours is well worth it imo, some people travel the entire country here to get to someone good.

Let us know how it goes if you go through with it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast