Thread: Bump on industrial...hypertrophic scarring?!

Default Bump on industrial...hypertrophic scarring?! please help!

hi, so i've had my industrial pierced for about 2 1/2 years now. this bump appeared about 8 months ago. the size of it has not changed at all. i have been to both my doctor & piercer who both told me it was nothing serious to worry about and that there was really nothing that i could do to get it to go away. i've tried SSS, tea tree oil, and aspirin paste. nothing is working! it doesn't hurt at all. and from looking a picture from the day i got it done, it also looks like the one hole has migrated downwards a little bit to me. i really want this to go away, and at this point i am willing to try anything. does anyone have any suggestions?!

this is what it looks like
    i46.tinypic.com/14bnyhl.png

and this is what it looked like on day one... does anyone else think that the bottom hole looks like it has migrated?
    i50.tinypic.com/1498az4.jpg
    Last edited by eriikaax96; 08-01-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: more recent picture of my industrial.

Oh my goodness.. I'm having a similar problem with my industrial piercing but not quite that bad and the bumps are on the opposite hole. Best of luck though !

Quote Originally Posted by misscolourful View Post
    Oh my goodness.. I'm having a similar problem with my industrial piercing but not quite that bad and the bumps are on the opposite hole. Best of luck though !
    thanks, i was recently at my piercing place to get my rook done, and there was a new piercer there and i was told to go get it cut off asap. guess that's what i'm going to have to do !

Get it cut off !? *shudders* sounds painful. Let me know how it goes.