Thread: Serious Dahlia Issues

Default Serious Dahlia Issues

Hey All,
    I got my dahlia's pierced a good 2 years ago. Since then they have been totally fine, not really had any major issues. However, last week my right one (which ive had minor flares in the past with) decided to go get itself infected when I had a cold. This is pretty usual and clears up quick with some saline and salt soaks but suprisingly, it escalated and although I have got it under control NOW, I have a nice little cut in the corner of my mouth leading from the piercing to my mouth. It's just the little bit of space between my lips and the placement. The issue I am having is because it's still weepy/healing, it gets stiff and in position and THIS makes my mouth hard to move/open. If i sleep/keep my mouth in one position too long, i can't open it very well. It is to the point that it's hard to get food in. I'm worried that if I keep resplitting the skin it won't heal/scar tissue will build up/my face will scar. Is there any advice anyone can give me with this? I am getting really really worried.

Thanks so much.

I would go see your piercer. Good luck Hope you get it sorted.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Tbh this piercing shouldn't ever be seen as permanent, they are very often likely to migrate and it sounds like this is what you're experiencing, get someone to assess you in person and see if it's time to retire them or not.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

They have not moved at all since I have got them pierced and I have not had any more trouble with them than people with normal lip piercings have, this is the first time I've had such a flare and I think it's my fault it got as bad as it did because I was ill with something else and was very slap dash with my salt to water ratio.

Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by jessriggy View Post
    They have not moved at all since I have got them pierced and I have not had any more trouble with them than people with normal lip piercings have, this is the first time I've had such a flare and I think it's my fault it got as bad as it did because I was ill with something else and was very slap dash with my salt to water ratio.
    Then you have answered your own question, you didn't mention you were using too much salt, this can certainly cause dryness and irritation. Onset migration can also present like this. Pics could help but go see a piercer for an accurate assessment as we can only guess online...
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Make sure you keep the area moisturized. Try using vaseline regularly, not on the piercing itself but on the crack. Keeping it moisturized will stop it from cracking again.