Thread: URGENT RE 2xnavel migration and queries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default URGENT RE 2xnavel migration and queries

Hey so in April '11 I got my navel pierced. This rejected by the October. So I let it heal and got it repierced in June '12. However the skin over the bar has again shrunk rather small. I dont think it's fault of the pierced or a reaction to the jewellery because in September '11 I got my snug pierced at the same place with I assume the same metal?? And when it was pierced it the first time I also used silver bars.

Im hoping I will either have a sudden miraculous recovery because although the navel piercing is a common one it is beautiful and looks great on holiday.

Should I just give up on this particular piercing or try another piercer? I like the look of inverse navel also yet will that have the same consequence?

Thanks

I'm in the same situation, although i had mine done 3 different times.

You need to make sure you are pierced with titanium as steel can cause allergy issues.

Silver is not suitable for unhealed piercings of any kind.

I'm doubting you will have any sort of recovery i'm afraid, normally once it starts to go, thats it. I'd remove it as the scarring can get pretty bad (i left mine too long).

I've never had an inverse navel so not sure about that, i'd imagine it would be similar to heal, possibly even worse as the skin is thicker below the navel.

I believe the standard navel's success is dependent on your anatomy and where your tummy naturally creases. If you crease right across your navel, healing is going to be difficult as it will be getting constantly twisted and bend over when you sit down :(

A decent piercer should be able to have a look at you and advise as to whether you are anatomically suitable or not, a not so good piercer will pierce you regardless.
    Alison.

Current:
    * 10 Tattoos
    * 3 lobes each side
    * Left Tragus (31/12/12)
    * 2 MD's (04/06/12)
    * VCH (02/07/12)
    * Right Nostril (2012)

Retired:
    * Tongue (2001) & (2014)
    * Cartilage (1997)
    * Navel (1998)
    * Nostril (2003)
    * R & L Nipples (2002)
    * VCH (2000)
    * Monroe (2014)

Wanted:

* Navel (if suitable)
    * More Tattoos
    * Left Daith / Rook

Thanks
    Took mine out yesterday and vowing to never get it pierced again but it's such a beautiful piercing that resisting will be hard!
    It was actually pierced with stainless still strangely enough and the first time I did change to a silver bar once all was fully healed (or so it seemed)
    Thanks for the help and all the best with yours, let me know if three times the charm haha

I've already had it done 3 times lol, not sure if i would go for the 4th, undecided lol, i took the last one out years ago now, prob about 6 years ago. I have pretty bad scarring so not sure another piercing is possible as the skin isn't the same.

Sorry to hear you've lost yours again but once it starts to go, its better this way as it reduces a full rejection and horrible scarring.

If, like me you still fancy it, wait until it's healed up and go and see a good piercer who will give you an honest assessment and tell you whether you're suitable or not.

I really think navel piercings just don't work for some people. :(
    Alison.

Current:
    * 10 Tattoos
    * 3 lobes each side
    * Left Tragus (31/12/12)
    * 2 MD's (04/06/12)
    * VCH (02/07/12)
    * Right Nostril (2012)

Retired:
    * Tongue (2001) & (2014)
    * Cartilage (1997)
    * Navel (1998)
    * Nostril (2003)
    * R & L Nipples (2002)
    * VCH (2000)
    * Monroe (2014)

Wanted:

* Navel (if suitable)
    * More Tattoos
    * Left Daith / Rook

Some people are unfortunately more susceptible to piercings rejecting. I have two angled navel piercings and never had problems with healing them. A friend had the same thing happen twice before she decided to try having her inverse navel pierced and it stayed, possibly because the skin is thicker.

I think its more to do with body shape and in the case of the navel, where the belly creases when you sit. If this is right on the piercing, it's going to cause irritation preventing healing.

I've had quite a few piercings now and the only one thats given me trouble is the navel.
    Alison.

Current:
    * 10 Tattoos
    * 3 lobes each side
    * Left Tragus (31/12/12)
    * 2 MD's (04/06/12)
    * VCH (02/07/12)
    * Right Nostril (2012)

Retired:
    * Tongue (2001) & (2014)
    * Cartilage (1997)
    * Navel (1998)
    * Nostril (2003)
    * R & L Nipples (2002)
    * VCH (2000)
    * Monroe (2014)

Wanted:

* Navel (if suitable)
    * More Tattoos
    * Left Daith / Rook

Yeah its such a shame! Just going to letit heal as best as possible and try the inverse in about a year's time. Both my navel piercings started rejected on holiday/just after I returned. Is that a coincidence or?