Thread: Migration retirement in aim to heal and repierce: Advice please?!

Default Migration retirement in aim to heal and repierce: Advice please?!

So I had my navel pierced just short of three years ago, and aside from stretching the top hole, so that I had to get extra big balls so they didn't sink in, after wearing too heavy jewellery when initially told I could change it I never had any problems. In the last four months however I've been getting irritation and a little lymph every month or so. To be honest I put it down to hormonal imbalance/fluid retention bloating etc as been having hormonal problems. But today it felt a little irritated so I took it out and had a look. (done this every other time too). To me, currently it says it's been migrating for a while, and I've been in denial but I need to remove the jewellery before it rejects completely! (my sister got here done at the same time and it did reject and left a nasty scar). Thing is I love this piercing, so would like not to lose it/get it redone if possible. Does anybody have any kind of ideas of things that will promote good healing (beyond good diet, bio oil etc) for what I believe to be a fully healed, migration? Also of a time frame?
    Due to the size of the stretch on top I can't imagine that without significant healing I could fit another behind but I'm asking as a novice so any and all info would be appreciated...
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-
    memento mori, memento vivere

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

A plate of quite peculiar on a dish all of my own

Before removing it i would see your piercer and have it looked at. They will be able to tell you whats happening.

Navel piercings are one of the worst for migrating / rejecting, mine rejected 3 times and i too love this piercing and still want to have one but i'm going to see if its possible or worth it next time I'm in town at the piercers. I have scarring on the area as i 'hung on' too long after i knew it was going wrong.

I believe that its anatomy dependent and often where your navel creases when you sit or bend affects whether you're suitable to pierce and keep the piercing or not, i'm probably not suitable if I'm honest :(

if in doubt, and after you've seen your piercer, remove it, you can always have it re-pierced if you want to but be aware that the same could happen again.

Ensure you're wearing titanium or bioflex jewellery, not surgical or stainless steel, and don't wear anything heavy from it.

Good luck with it, it's such a gorgeous looking piercing!!
    Alison.

Current:
    * 10 Tattoos
    * 3 lobes each side
    * Left Tragus (31/12/12)
    * 2 MD's (04/06/12)
    * VCH (02/07/12)
    * Right Nostril (2012)

Retired:
    * Tongue (2001) & (2014)
    * Cartilage (1997)
    * Navel (1998)
    * Nostril (2003)
    * R & L Nipples (2002)
    * VCH (2000)
    * Monroe (2014)

Wanted:

* Navel (if suitable)
    * More Tattoos
    * Left Daith / Rook

I stretched by wearing something too heavy do NEVER do now, and only ever wear titanium or bioflex if it's feeling most sensitive (as it seems more forgiving). Not had a chance to see my pierced yet, but I can leave it out for days at a time with no signs of closure so it shouldn't be a problem when my day off comes up.
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

So to update... Piercer states that there's no migration track, so my bar is NOT rejecting, but I'm probably catching it and irritating it. REALLY feel that that's not the case, no catching occurring here! So he said try a j bar. However, when I phoned my sister she thinks he's crazy and that she can see the bars moved so I guess I'll keep the bar in (as its obviously not in immediate danger of immediate rejection) and get a second opinion when I can!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-