Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Septum Piercing.

Default Septum Piercing.

So I've decided that I'm going to get it done next week. But the place I was going to go to doesnt do it with a retainer, so do you think it would be okay if I changed it myself later that day to a retainer?

Also they said not to flip it up for a few days so it can settle, I thought you could flip it up straight away cus thats what I was going to do because my mum doesnt like them. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like they're not sure what they're talking about, I'd go to someone else tbh. What were they going to pierce you with? Nothing wrong with having it done with a CBB that they widen and flip up for you. Nothing wrong with having it flipped up from the start.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Maybe they just meant not to do it on your own and like mess around and play with it?

Otherwise, I'd go to someone else who actually knows what they're talking about.
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

They would do it with a circular barbell but they made no mention of opening it out at all even when I asked. But thanks for your replies, I'll go somewhere else

Would most piercers do it with a retainer? Because I went to a what I've heard is one of the best piercers here and he said that a retainer cannot be put in a freshly pierced septum (as first jewellery). I can't wear any jewellery with parts that come off because of my work so having it done with a retainer is my only choice.
    After every party I die

Piercings
    Current:
    standard lobes
    Future:
    second lobes, rook, sternum microdermals
    Considerating:
    double nostrils/septum, nipples, daith, helix...
    Tattoos
    Future:sparrows on feet with a quote in English & French and more

Quote Originally Posted by BIJOU View Post
    Would most piercers do it with a retainer? Because I went to a what I've heard is one of the best piercers here and he said that a retainer cannot be put in a freshly pierced septum (as first jewellery). I can't wear any jewellery with parts that come off because of my work so having it done with a retainer is my only choice.
    That's not true, my piercer is very good and he only pierces with retainers. There's no reason why a retainer cannot be used as initial jewellery providing it's made from a biocompatible material such as titanium.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah...thats just completely not true about it not being able to be done with a retainer.
    Mine was.
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

I joined as I thought this site would be the best to ask this question but can't start a new thread.
    Just after some advice regarding septum piercings.

3 years ago I took my septum piercing out for work related reasons but have recently decided I want the piercing again. Do any of you know if its okay to pierce in the same spot again for septum piercings as I've read up its not recommended for some parts of your body but read something somewhere (can't remember) that its okay for septums? Some people told me that the piercing was really well done and very even as a lot of septum piercings are slightly crooked so would prefer the piercing to be in the same place.

Also I would still want the piercing hidden for work. I did have a straight septum keeper (product code: TSK) before to hide it, but I was wondering if instead of a U-shaped retainer while the piercing heals, if they could have this straight keeper put in instead after freshly pierced?
    Main reason is that I have, as weird as this sounds when I read it, small nostrils (& nose), so none of the U shaped retainers/keepers will fit up my nose (can't flip it!).

Thank you in advance!

I think most piercers prefer to leave fresh piercings alone for a while before doing anything with them, and that looks particularly fiddley but its probably best to just ask your piercer x

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChinaDolli View Post
    I joined as I thought this site would be the best to ask this question but can't start a new thread.
    Just after some advice regarding septum piercings.

3 years ago I took my septum piercing out for work related reasons but have recently decided I want the piercing again. Do any of you know if its okay to pierce in the same spot again for septum piercings as I've read up its not recommended for some parts of your body but read something somewhere (can't remember) that its okay for septums? Some people told me that the piercing was really well done and very even as a lot of septum piercings are slightly crooked so would prefer the piercing to be in the same place.

Also I would still want the piercing hidden for work. I did have a straight septum keeper (product code: TSK) before to hide it, but I was wondering if instead of a U-shaped retainer while the piercing heals, if they could have this straight keeper put in instead after freshly pierced?
    Main reason is that I have, as weird as this sounds when I read it, small nostrils (& nose), so none of the U shaped retainers/keepers will fit up my nose (can't flip it!).

Thank you in advance!
    It should be fine to re-pierce, as for what jewellery to use only your piercer can advise you on that really. I have a really skinny u-shaped one I wear all the time, steel one from here I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast