Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My poor philtrum....help me pleease!

Default My poor philtrum....help me pleease!

Helloooo

So basically I've had my philtrum pierced for just over a year now and have never ever had any problems with it. Recently I've just bagged myself a new job which requires me to take out all my piercings (what a drag). Its been pretty stiff to get back in but I've always got it back in eventually. Tonight is a whole new story. After struggling and the pain becoming a bit too much I put a pin through to make sure the hole was still open. The pin went through with no trouble at all but the bar still won't go through.
    I'm guessing due to the bar been out, the hole has shrunk slightly :( does anyone have suggestions on getting it back in? Also does anyone know the smallest size lip bars you can get? I'm thinking if I use a smaller size bar just to open it up for a bit and then try again with the 1.2mm I currently use. My bar is also bioplast, don't know if that will make a difference.
    Suggestions will be appreciated as I really don't want to have to get it repierce. Thanks in advance

Thats crap about the job, so many jobs have these rules, it really sucks :(

Are you lubricating the hole when you're trying to get the bar through? I'd soak it with sss when trying anything like that.

The smallest lip size i know is a 1.2mm.

Your piercer will be able to get your jewellery back in, they can stretch and re-open existing holes without having to re-pierce in most cases.

If a retainer is allowed in work, get one! Constantly removing and replacing your jewellery is going to make you very sore, red and irritated, it's such a shame.

Hope you find a solution x
    Alison.

Current:
    * 10 Tattoos
    * 3 lobes each side
    * Left Tragus (31/12/12)
    * 2 MD's (04/06/12)
    * VCH (02/07/12)
    * Right Nostril (2012)

Retired:
    * Tongue (2001) & (2014)
    * Cartilage (1997)
    * Navel (1998)
    * Nostril (2003)
    * R & L Nipples (2002)
    * VCH (2000)
    * Monroe (2014)

Wanted:

* Navel (if suitable)
    * More Tattoos
    * Left Daith / Rook

I have the same problem with my cheeks, the solution I have found (and don't take my word that it is the right thing to do/good for the piercings as I am not a professional or anything!) but anyway, I have this small spike thing that is pointy (but not sharp, just tapered) on one end and then gets to 1.6, I have to ease this into my piercings after work and leave it in for a few minutes to stretch the hole out a bit and put my metal piercings back in. Couldn't do it with my PTFE retainers as they just bent around in the hole and wouldn't go through. So I'm guessing you might have to use a metal stud? Be careful though as constantly doing stuff like this would probably mess up your healing? Dunno if this would help xx

oh yeah I lube it with salt water as well!

Hmmm. Maybe I should try lubricating the bar first then. Do you guys just suggest salt water? I've tried a couple times also with spare metal bar I have but still no luck.
    I know it can't be good me taking them in and out all the time. Shouldn't be for too much longer though as its just a summer job. They really do make a big deal out of it though which really annoyed me as I'm really proud of all my piercings!

Oh and I'm not allowed to use a retainer either :(

salt water works great for me, it's really hard without it, dunno what else you could lubricate with that wouldn't irritate?
    I am so annoyed about not even being allowed to wear clear retainers! I transferred stores and the other store let my have retainers and a septum ring and never mentioned it :( it's lucky they didn't mind my retainers as they were still healing back then!

have you tried using clear retainers without putting the ball on the other end? I sometimes can get away with putting my retainers in without the outer bit on and they are just the right size that the bars don't stick out the other side, they don't fall out for me either which surprised me x

Ooooh okay I'll definitely have to try lubricating it in the morning. Don't want to touch it again just yet as its still really sore from earlier.
    And that's a great idea! Will have to try that also. May get away with it if I just leave the ball off.
    Thanks again for your help

Why are you lubricating with salt water??? It's not compromised tissue! Try lubing it with a water-based lubricant i.e KY jelly. Also could you get away with a retainer?
    Current piercings
    4x L&R lobe (2-00g 1sts *GOAL!*),Conch - Conch Industrial, Left helix, Right daith, Right outer conchx3, Paired nostrils, Centre Lip, Medusa, Tongue, VCH, HCH, 2x inner labia, Septum, double triangle, triangular fossa V.2, tragus V.2, Dahlias

Current Other mods: 14 hours of tattoos and a 2nd generation magnetic implant

"It's not infected. Stop touching it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast